Gas prices jumped 20 cents overnight

Ronald_55

I haven't needed to fuel up yet, so I haven't seen anything. But my wife mentioned that when she came home last night. I told just to grin and bear it. Not like we're going to be able to do anything about it.

I'd hoped to replace my 31/32 year old 1988 Chevy PU this spring with something a bit newer, and in a bit better shape. Foolishly, I'm wanting something with 4WD capability. Maybe a Tahoe or Expedition in the 2008-10 range.  That expectation may have to change.

We just paid a monster vet bill for our Border Collie/Aussie, Molly. That took a very large portion of the allocated money for a vehicle.

Sorry, a bit off track there.  Anyway, gas prices over the last 2 decades have been up and down. I've adjusted, very grudgingly, to them; and also changed my driving habits.

No longer just hop in the car and sightsee like we once did. Hurts the pocket of an old retiree.

2 minutes ago, frankmako said:

up down, up down, up down.  no real good reason for this except to much government control with the epa standards and other crap. 

That “other crap” is capitalism.  There are no new government regulations that I’ve heard of lately.  Matter of fact, we are “supposed” to be self-sufficient now.  

• Like 1

Paid $1.95 at Sam's at lunch yesterday.  I've actually been driving the speed limit lately, just to just to see what kind of gas milage I get out of my 2007 5.7L Toyota Tundra.  The last two tanks I've gotten 17 and 16MPG.  Right now it, setting on 17MPG for this tank.  

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 12:46 PM, Grunt67 said:

Same thing in Lebanon. I haven't heard any of the usual excuses.

They finally figured out they don't need a reason or have to explain why they rasie and lower the gas prices. They just do it and people keep buying it is why you have not heard any reasons why it has gone up.........:shrug: