Ruger LCR Polymer frame revolver...

K191145

There currently is not the slightest bit of talk about a revolver ban being part of AWB.

I am not sure Ruger is doing the right thing at the right time. I think I would get all my resources going towards making the LCP and other auto loaders.

Every LCP I have seen is way way way overpriced. Must be because they are hard to get.

Maybe Ruger could sell more of them if they made more of them instead of worrying about a niche in a market that is non-existent.

I really do not see the purpose of this revolver, but if you like it then go and get one.

Right on Mike :death:.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cagoodwn
Internal locking mechanism.

(general explanation0:

Bill Clinton's foundation pushed for smart gun technology, and gave S&W and another company or two, FN among them I think, several hundred grand each to R&D smart gun technology.

In 2000, S&W added the internal lock mechanism, widely seen as a "compromise" to curtail even more restrictive gun "security" features.

Somehow, it has come to be nicknamed the "Hillary Hole", even though it was not her incentive per se that caused its implementation. I guess because she has been an ongoing anti gun senator after Slick Willy left office.

- OS

gotcha...man I've got a lot to learn of this handgun lingo

I think they are trying for a market that is already filled with good lightweight revolvers. I have 5 S&Ws and a Taurus 85. If I can get a good buy on one I would snatch up a Ruger SP101 too. They are all good reliable guns and worth having. We "little revolver" people are already well served.This sounds like an Edsel to me.

Edited by wjh2657
This sounds like an Edsel to me.

I agree. My wife will be taking her HCP class in a couple of weeks and we are thinking about an airweight revolver. I would rather have a light metal gun. I can't see that much difference in weight. Just my .02

Not to sound too Junior High but the thing is gay. :confused: Not that there's anything wrong with that. I could care less.

If it's only 1 oz lighter than the tried & true J Smith what's the point? We have become so obsessed with plastic guns they're now doing it to wheel guns. Is nothing sacred! :eek:

I know Bill Ruger's not had a bit of rest since he "left" the company with all the recalls, the elusive LCP product, and now this.

Edited by Garufa
Spelling, again.
Guest Phantom6

Well, Ruger gave birth to a good idea but obviously with a couple of major flaws with the LCP- Not enough of 'em and the fact that the Little Crappy Pistols went BANG when you dropped 'em. Now we must wait to see if they have next created a Little Crappy Revolver.:confused: