Sig P238 Damage

ShaggyRS6

Hi everyone. My new P238, its 3 weeks old, I have out about 150 rounds through it. I got home from the range today and noticed the damage below you can see on the attached pics while I was cleaning it. The mark on the left actually feels as though there is some metal missing, its certainly not just the coating that has come off.  I clean the gun methodically after each time I shoot and keep it well lubricated as I know Sig's like to be kept that way.  Something I have noticed the last few times I have shot it is the first round I shoot each session does not eject properly, I am wondering if that is anything to do with the marks.  I know sometimes that you need to bed these guns in on occasion.  What do you think? Nothing to worry about, or take it back and have Sig replace the frame?

IMG_1908.jpg

IMG_1909.jpg

6 hours ago, ShaggyRS6 said:

Something I have noticed the last few times I have shot it is the first round I shoot each session does not eject properly,

So you have to clear a jamb every time, send the pistol back. As far as the wear let Sig do something about it.

• Like 4
12 minutes ago, ShaggyRS6 said:

Well Sig got back to me, I must say awesome customer service. Long story short, gun is not repairable, so I can choose any P238 they have!! 

Which one would you get ?

A Shield or a Glock 43x. Yeah, I know...I'm being a jerk. Just not been a fan of the 238/938 pistols.

But as to your situation, check their site for all the various models and see what strikes your fancy.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, ShaggyRS6 said:

Well Sig got back to me, I must say awesome customer service. Long story short, gun is not repairable, so I can choose any P238 they have!! 

That's awesome!  I would go SAS, Emperor Scorpion, or LEGION if they would actually do it.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, ShaggyRS6 said:

I honestly like the Rose gold!  I always really fancied looking like Nicholas cage from Face Off!!

We all promise not to make fun of you when we see you at the range.  Just don't wear your pimp hat.  If you do, all bets are off!!! :D

15 minutes ago, Magiccarpetrides said:

haha I like the bling myself...but if your carrying this for self defense maybe something a bit more practical?

What you mean practicle ? It still kills people right? :) Just with gujazzle!!!

Edited by ShaggyRS6
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, ShaggyRS6 said:

That is great service.  Wonder if they realize how many people they have affected in their next weapon buying decision, just on this forum alone.

• Like 1

They certainly have completely 180’d me on anything I purchase . I rank Customer service very highly. Was thinking about. DD AR-15 somewhere down the road. Would now buy the SIG tread because of this experience .

Edited by ShaggyRS6
2 hours ago, ShaggyRS6 said:

I'm happy to hear of your good CS experience. (Though maybe better to not have needed it in the first place...)

Whatever you choose, enjoy your new pistol!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

And here it is, in all it's glory!  Will shoot it the afternoon, first impressions? The slider is like silk and the grip just feels awesome.  They did a good job with this firearm and I am totally a SIG fan boy now.  So much so that I want to swap my PPQ (which is outstanding) for a 9mm or .45 Sig. Amazing how the right customer experiencing can change your outlook!

DSC_7317-Edit.jpg

DSC_7317-Edit-Edit.jpg

DSC_7319-Edit.jpg

DSC_7320-Edit.jpg

DSC_7325-Edit.jpg

• Like 3
  • Wow 1