Spare Reloads

I always carry at least one reload and I’m never comfortable with less than 15 rounds total. So for my S&W 442, I have two speed strips in my right pocket, right along with my 442. That’s the only pistol, where I carry everything on one side. With my autos, there’s at least one mag in my left front pocket. 

I am transitioning to belt carry more and more, but drawing from my front pocket is still my favorite option. It really depends on the pistol though.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Moped said:

I always carry at least one reload and I’m never comfortable with less than 15 rounds total. So for my S&W 442, I have two speed strips in my right pocket, right along with my 442.

I used to carry the same with my 642 and was told, on here I believe, I was the ultimate optimist thinking I would stay in the fight long enough to require two reloads with a snubby :)

Currently carry a P365 about 95% of the time now.   (13) in the gun and (15) in a spare mag.

Edited by Trekbike
  • Like 3
On 8/4/2020 at 8:30 AM, E4 No More said:

How is me commenting on a post is me doing you? :huh:

You seem a bit defensive.

Since Chuck won't correct you, I will.   Chuck said you do you, not you do me.   In other words, he is going to do what he feels is necessary for him, and has no problem with you doing whatever you feel is necessary.  He wasn't being defensive.  

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Capbyrd said:

Since Chuck won't correct you, I will.   Chuck said you do you, not you do me.   In other words, he is going to do what he feels is necessary for him, and has no problem with you doing whatever you feel is necessary.  He wasn't being defensive.  

Thanks, Captain Obvious, but me commenting is not me telling Chuckshoes what to do. It's called giving an opinion - which is something you give freely.

On 8/4/2020 at 8:30 AM, E4 No More said:

How is me commenting on a post is me doing you? :huh:

You seem a bit defensive.

3 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

Thanks, Captain Obvious, but me commenting is not me telling Chuckshoes what to do. It's called giving an opinion - which is something you give freely.

You still don't seem to be getting it so maybe we should just stop.  He never said you couldn't comment on his post.   He said that he was going to do what he felt necessary and if you didn't think a reload was necessary then you shouldn't carry one.   You seemed to misunderstand what he was saying and said that he was defensive.  He wasn't.  

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Dislike 1
On 8/4/2020 at 4:31 PM, Trekbike said:

Given today's climate, I think it's prudent to set the, "a typical gun fight is less than a 3 round average" thinking to the side.    So for me and whichever gun I'm carrying, I'll have a spare magazine.

Just rejoined the discussion.   Trebike makes an excellent point.  I find myself toting my 938 plus 1 mag on me, plus a 1911 in my tote bag in the truck, maybe even a big 15 rounder glock; but i tend ta like the 1911 trigger.   I aint sure its not time to add a riot gun or an AR for " bushwhack protection "...

Im thinkin churches need ta move up to an AR of some flavor near at hand n out of sight.  We are living in dangerous times.  Sigh...

leroy...

• Like 1
17 hours ago, leroy said:

I aint sure its not time to add a riot gun or an AR for " bushwhack protection "...

I work just south of Downtown Memphis. When the protests and rioting started up I added a 300blk pistol to my EDC backpack, for just in case. I have been pleasantly surprised at the peacefulness of our protests in this city. Memphis is not normally known for doing something right, other than Blues and BBQ. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1