Solid Workbench Reccomendations

12 hours ago, TomInMN said:

So, to maybe extend the original post while trying to stay within the spirit, does anyone have any specific recommendations for things they wish they had included in their workbench/ work space? Or maybe something they have, but wouldn't include again if they were startng from scratch?

Think carefully about light, power, and air. You can't have too much light. You don't want to have a tangle of power cords and/or air lines across the middle of your bench while you're trying to work on something. 

My solution was to mount a power strip under the front lip of the bench. My overhead light is also plugged into the power strip so it reminds me to turn it off when I'm done.  I don't trust battery chargers left plugged in.  

19 hours ago, TomInMN said:

So, to maybe extend the original post while trying to stay within the spirit, does anyone have any specific recommendations for things they wish they had included in their workbench/ work space? Or maybe something they have, but wouldn't include again if they were startng from scratch?

My father made drawers and cabinets underneath his workbench like you'd have in your kitchen. That would be nice, but being retired, he has more spare time on his hands than I do.

• Like 1

Project on temp hold.  I went truck shopping today and pretty much settled on an LT Trail Boss, the one with the 2 Inch lift. So If I can get that in my garage (which will be tight) I am going to have to move some stuff around which will result in new bench dimensions.  So on hold!

This is what I have right now. The build project was going to go along that wall where the fishing rods are, but due to the new truck, If I can get it in the cupboards down the side on the car will have to move as there would be no way it would fit in, that means moving them to the other side of the garage, then I would need to rethink!

IMG_1941.jpg

IMG_1940.jpg

IMG_1938.jpg

IMG_1939.jpg

IMG_1942.jpg

Edited by ShaggyRS6
  • 3 weeks later...