9mm cast/coated bullets

Experimenting with some 125 grain blue bullets in 9mm. Anyone have any experience with these? I have a good load worked up with HP-38 working on one with Accurate No5 and just picked up some Unique. So far I have found that you must put a good amount of bell on the case. These will be shot mostly in a Glock 19, S&W SD9VE and M&P 2.0 compact and will most like get shot from my dad’s hi power and shield. 

• 2 weeks later...

It’s good to see someone using coated bullets in 9mm. I am working up a load using Alliant’s new Sport Pistol powder and Acme 124 gr. coated bullets. This powder was developed for coated bullets and references this bullet manufacture by name. I won’t get a chance to shoot them soon; but, when I do I will let you know how they do. 

I have loaded a similar bullet using Unique. I seem to recall a load around 4.5 grains. Don’t quote me and do your own research. 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest BCR#1
On 3/17/2019 at 10:26 AM, swiley383 said:

I upped the charge of Accurate No. 5 and ended up with a very ni e load. Seems these bullets really like that powder.

How much #5 are you using?

Bill

Using 5.0 grains of Accurate #5 and they are sized to .355. I just found 2 more companies I want to try DG bullets and Gallent bullets. Both are coated and and little cheaper than blue bullets. DG has a 1100 bullet quick ship box of 125 grain bullets for $68 shipped.

I have some Falcon Bullets coming to me at the next match at Strategic Edge USPSA on the 20th. 

125gr Conical FalCoats (Hi Tek coating,nice shade of red)  I plan on pushing with 4.1-4.2 of WW231 for my Glock 34 in Production.   $67.00/1000 no shipping Stan brings them to the  match if you ask nice like.

• Like 1

Now having problems with Blue bullets lots they won’t pass the plunk test or fit my Lyman cartridge gauge. I have this problem since I started though I had it figured out but out of every 100 I have had anywhere from 4 to 12 fail. All that I have pulled measure.355 and the bras measures in spec. I experimented with seating depth and crimp and no crimp( normally don’t crimp 9mm). The one that pass shoot great just not sure what is happening here.