HCP & DL combined?

I have to renew my HCP & DL. I have to go in because they are requiring a new picture. I thought I’d be able to save time and use one of the Kiosks (I can for my DL), but my HCP renewal letter says I have to go in and submit an application. I don't remember submitting an application when I renewed online and I don't see it available for download so I can fill it out before I get there.

I thought I saw somewhere that they would be combining the two into one card, but I don’t see anything on their web site about it?

Still different card I had heard they were going to a new picture every time you renew HCP. The application is just the paperwork at the station just tell them you need a HCP renewel and its not a long form to complete. When I renewed mine in November I was there less than hour. 

9 hours ago, jhc77 said:

How does the Real ID fit into this?

Tennessee is in compliance. I do see that your first “Real ID” requires you to get it in person; that rules out the Kiosk. Thanks for bringing this up; after Oct 2020 you can’t board an aircraft without this “Enhanced” ID. That’s sure good to know.

Edited by DaveTN
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, DaveTN said:

Tennessee is in compliance. I do see that your first “Real ID” requires you to get it in person; that rules out the Kiosk. Thanks for bringing this up; after Oct 2020 you can’t board an aircraft without this “Enhanced” ID. That’s sure good to know.

If you ever want to realize just how not free this country is, fly. 

• Like 4

Well I don't have to much to worry about for a while. I just got all of this done and am good now till 2026 on both DL and HCP. I figure by then I won't worry about doing much of either one that I would require them................JMHO

Edited by bersaguy