Any Ruger SR1911 Officer sightings around middle TN

I'm really interested in getting the Ruger SR1911 Officer model.  Has anyone around middle TN  seen one at their LGS. I would like to see one in person.  The few stores I've been to haven't had them. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Rhodewarrior

I'v not handled the Officers but I put some rounds threw a commander that my brother owns. I'm not crazy about Rugers, but I have to say, they hit it out of the part with the commander. The fit & finish on a factory gun was surprising good. The slide/frame/barrel tolerances were as good as it gets. The trigger was perfect in stock form. This all comes together on the paper in a great group shooter. I put together the 1911 production line at A.O. back in 81-83 so trust me, The SR is a fine top tier production pistol but since your ready to throw down, you probably all ready know all that! Good luck finding one.

Edited by xtriggerman
1 hour ago, xtriggerman said:

I'v not handled the Officers but I put some rounds threw a commander that my brother owns. I'm not crazy about Rugers, but I have to say, they hit it out of the part with the commander. The fit & finish on a factory gun was surprising good. The slide/frame/barrel tolerances were as good as it gets. The trigger was perfect in stock form. This all comes together on the paper in a great group shooter. I put together the 1911 production line at A.O. back in 81-83 so trust me, The SR is a fine top tier production pistol but since your ready to throw down, you probably all ready know all that! Good luck finding one.

I had a Commander SR1911 that was a great shooter.  I sold it last year though.  I gravitate towards sub compacts, so when I saw they make an officers size, it's right up my alley. 

I have an American Classic Officer. Not a Ruger, but learned something about that size. I bought mine new, and immediately took it to Tim Calhoun for a new properly tuned extractor and some other TLC. I asked him to keep the gun until he got it tweaked out, and had a chance to take it to the range some. He got it running pretty well. His comment was that officers, in general were always gonna be a little persnickety because of the geometry of the feed system. And that commanders and governments are just more reliable.

If I had it to do over, I would buy a Commander. If I buy another, it will be a Commander.

Now... Tim may have changed his mind since he's now making an officer in 40S&W. More likely his design is a little better than the Colt and clones.

Edited by mikegideon
  • Thanks 1

Good news... Got my hands on one in .45 and the lightweight 9mm this weekend! Bad news is I don't know which one I want.  Both...if I could afford them.  I l love the all steel look of the .45 but love the feel of the LW 9mm, just not sold on the 2 tone yet. I guess I could cerakote it.  The 9mm seems like it would be more fun to shoot too. 

• Like 1
On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 11:45 AM, swiley383 said:
53 minutes ago, Rhodewarrior said:

Good news... Got my hands on one in .45 and the lightweight 9mm this weekend! Bad news is I don't know which one I want.  Both...if I could afford them.  I l love the all steel look of the .45 but love the feel of the LW 9mm, just not sold on the 2 tone yet. I guess I could cerakote it.  The 9mm seems like it would be more fun to shoot too. 

You really can't go wrong with either of these, imho anyway. Over the last couple of years, I have gravitated to the 9mm 1911s. Super sweet shooters.