G9 Bullets: Something Wicked This Way Comes

A bit to much of a gimmick for me. I cast , powder coat and reload a good 40 cal myself for a LOT less money. Will shoot through a wind shield/ No, but I aint to worried about shooting through a wind shield.

Acts like a drill bit in soft material will tend to grab and  rip big holes. In wet material will create a swirling action, can see why it functions as it does. Would be a wound channel that would be hard to repair.

These are the "extra deadly" bullets that will be brought up in a civil suit.  "Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, regular bullets might have stopped little Johnny without killing him, but the defendant chose these super killer bullets because he wanted to kill him." 

3 hours ago, peejman said:

These are the "extra deadly" bullets that will be brought up in a civil suit.  "Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, regular bullets might have stopped little Johnny without killing him, but the defendant chose these super killer bullets because he wanted to kill him." 

If you do have to shot someone, most likely you are trying to kill them. My 2 pennies.

53 minutes ago, Quavodus said:

If you do have to shot someone, most likely you are trying to kill them. My 2 pennies.

Shooting to stop the threat is self defense. Shooting to kill is manslaughter at best. That's the topic of the civil suit. 

4 hours ago, peejman said:

Sadly, that was my first thought upon reading the test and watching the video last night.

Lots of ways john law and an angry, office seeking prosecutor might look at these though.

I believe I'll pass on these and use my Black Hills rounds.

After looking closer at these bullets, could probably cast them in hard lead and set up in a indexer or rotrary table on a milling machine and using a small ball end mill produce a few of them pretty easily, powder coat after maching them, another project maybe. According to their web site the civilian defense loads are loaded to not penetrate Kelvar law enforcement vests. Can't tell from the pictures if they are solid copper or just copper plated. Wonder how those notches would work on lead wad cutters? No end to the experimenting that can be done on boolits.

• Like 1