Havent been here in a while But I bought a RPR and

Haven't been here in a while but I just recently picked a RPR I have wanted one since they came out so I went ahead and took the dive and with the weather cooperating this coming weekend I hope to take it to the  range and zero it in!  After fiddling with it for a bit I can tell that I am most likely going to change out the butt stock on it, have any of you done the same?  If you have changed out the butt stock which one did you decide on?  I am thinking about go with the PRS unless I find a better choice before I drop the cash on it.  Anyway nice to be back and look forward to stirring chit up and seeing some familiar faces down at the range, I have been wanting to get down there but my youngest is now one of the counties finest so after walking around all day with a gun he doesn't want to go out and shoot much especially now when he can do it for free! 

I got a chance to handle one at Buds's in Sevierville a ew months ago. I really liked it. If I'm honest, I had the greenlight from the Mrs to spend a little, and I'm not sure why I left it there. I'm really excited to see how this one turns out for you. 

Edited by gunwhatgun

I have for the most part decided on the PRS for the stock change, so as the cash becomes available I buy the buffer tube and stock.  I have to put it through its paces to see how the hand grip holds up or will need to be changed out.  As it sits I have been told that in the 308 format  it will reach out to about 1600 plus yards so I am getting antsy to get it out and stretch its legs.

5 minutes ago, Ron Padilla said:

I have for the most part decided on the PRS for the stock change, so as the cash becomes available I buy the buffer tube and stock.  I have to put it through its paces to see how the hand grip holds up or will need to be changed out.  As it sits I have been told that in the 308 format  it will reach out to about 1600 plus yards so I am getting antsy to get it out and stretch its legs.

1600 yards is beyond the effective range of a 308.   Think more around 900.   Past that, you are going to go transonic lose a ton of accuracy.   While you may be able to consistently ring a gong out past that, you wouldn't be able to depend on that in a hunting situation.  

• Like 1
6 hours ago, MPGlock said:

Hey Ron, glad to have you back on here and nice to hear about the RPR. You gonna come out of holster making retirement any time soon? (selfish question :))

I will do some stuff, but there will be different methods used to arrive at the end results, everything would be all hand done for sure!  Hand sewn, hand formed, for the end results and now I have no blue guns to work with!  Other than that thanks for the welcome back!

• Like 1