Any Canik Lovers?

hipower

Caniks at Classic Firearms! Really good prices today. Just got the email and I was impressed.

TP9SFx 419

TP9SF  319

TP9 Elites 349

Some really good pricing on these. If you like the Caniks, or are thinking about one...this is a great deal. jmho 

I'm sorry for my shortcomings, but can't link this for you.

• Like 1

Thank you. That's the ones. 

Not everyone likes the Canik pistols. I really don't understand it. A very high quality 9 at a really good price point.

I have never had an issue with mine...except for the problem of deciding if it actually is better than my PPQ. And it really is close.

The TP9 pistols are fantastic and still under-rated. Yes, it's Turkish, but we buy from all over the world now.

Worst case scenario, you need a part. Buy 2. Use the other for a parts gun. I did. lol TP9sa and the 2nd gen TP9. I actually like the SA version better. jmo.

With prices these days, I think that is actually a viable option on the TP9 

6 hours ago, Steelharp said:

Excellent pistols at excellent prices.

(Those are below cost. They're losing money with every sale.)

Yes...this one would know. lol

Steelharp and I have been known to talk about, and own them. We are pretty much on the ball! Well, one of us is anyway. And it ain't me. 

18 hours ago, Capbyrd said:

I know they make a model that removed it or dropped it from the whole line, but I never considered them because I'm not interested in a gun with a button that renders my gun useless.   

Totally missed the point. It allows the gun to be field stripped without pulling the trigger. Don't forget, some folks are careless and don't clear the chamber. (I've seen LEO's with holes in their hands.)

22 minutes ago, Steelharp said:

Totally missed the point. It allows the gun to be field stripped without pulling the trigger. Don't forget, some folks are careless and don't clear the chamber. (I've seen LEO's with holes in their hands.)

No, you totally missed the point.   I don't care why its there, I don't want it!  Your inability to handle a firearm safely is not my problem.  

My post should have quoted hipower's post saying that he didn't understand people not liking them.  I was simply offering my reasoning for never giving them a chance.  

17 minutes ago, Capbyrd said:

No, you totally missed the point.   I don't care why its there, I don't want it!  Your inability to handle a firearm safely is not my problem.  

My post should have quoted hipower's post saying that he didn't understand people not liking them.  I was simply offering my reasoning for never giving them a chance.  

They make one model with that. Plenty without.

20 hours ago, Capbyrd said:

I know they make a model that removed it or dropped it from the whole line, but I never considered them because I'm not interested in a gun with a button that renders my gun useless.   

Like a safety?

That was my first thought last night. Next...

Cap, you seem to have a problem with Canik.

Fine. Solution...don't buy one, and don't imply someone can't handle a firearm simply because you don't like it.

Edited by hipower
21 minutes ago, Steelharp said:

They make one model with that. Plenty without.

When I first heard them talked about, all the models had them.  I remember one model coming out without it but wasn't really following at that point.  

On 3/17/2019 at 11:51 AM, hipower said:

Not everyone likes the Canik pistols. I really don't understand it. A very high quality 9 at a really good price point.

3 minutes ago, hipower said:

Like a safety?

That was my first thought last night. Next...

Cap, you seem to have a problem with Canik.

Fine. Solution...don't buy one, and don't imply someone can't handle a firearm simply because you don't like it.

Yeah, safeties are a no go for me too.  

I don't have a problem with Canik.   And I didn't imply that anyone couldn't handle a firearm.   Steelharp is the one that said that feature was there because of people that didn't handle firearms properly.  You are taking my statement way too personally.  I quoted you saying that not everyone likes them and that you really don't understand it.   I simply offered my reason for not liking them.   That's all.   

Just now, Capbyrd said:

When I first heard them talked about, all the models had them.  I remember one model coming out without it but wasn't really following at that point.  

Yeah, safeties are a no go for me too.  

I don't have a problem with Canik.   And I didn't imply that anyone couldn't handle a firearm.   Steelharp is the one that said that feature was there because of people that didn't handle firearms properly.  You are taking my statement way too personally.  I quoted you saying that not everyone likes them and that you really don't understand it.   I simply offered my reason for not liking them.   That's all.   

Cool. So we are all too literal. Understand that. We all react when our triggers are pulled(bad pun intended). We copacetic ok?

• Like 1