LMT AR-10

Prybar

I haven’t specifically shot a LMT, but the AR-10 would be my choice if I could only have one rifle. (Luckily that isn’t the case) I had a DPMS 308 Panther, and currently have a GII Recon. Long range, short range, and a bunch of firepower; they do it all.

The .308 is the most versatile center fire rifle round known to man; that helps a lot. :)

My funniest AR-10 story…. I was at the range shooting my AR-15. There was a couple next to me. The man was teaching the woman how to shoot (It appeared). He had her shooting a .22 and he was shooting an AR-15.

I switched to the 308 Panther and cranked off a couple of rounds. When I looked up the woman was standing next to me and asked “What in the world is that?” I told her it was a 308 Panther. With a big beaming smile she looked at the guy she was with and said “I want a 308 Panther!”

The look he gave me was not one of amusement. :)

• Like 1

I would like to sight mine in at about 800 yards. I'm looking forward to the illuminated retinal optics. My range is only good for about 250 yards. When I get recovered from my surgery, I plan on shooting once a week.😃

• Like 1

Just my opinion but sighting in at 800 may be a bit extreme for 308 as it is really about an 800-1000 yd max gun. I sight in for 200 yd zero with 168gr Fed gold Metal Match and then adjust from there with elevation/windage etc if the shot will be longer. YMMV

I have the 16” LMT MWS LM8. The monolithic rail is solid and “tank like”. But it is heavy. I changed the barrel out to LMT’s slimmer profile barrel to shed a few ounces. 

The build quality is outstanding. Never skips a beat. The ambidextrous controls are nicely done. 

Most folks agree that it is a bit over gassed. But has been used in the sand box by a couple of militaries so LMT seems to have intentionally set it up like that to assure a wide range of ammo reliability.

Unlikely to ever sell it but they hold their value well if ever need to sell.

Edited by Djay3
  • Like 1