Dihmsab

ad closed Kahrs for sale *SOLD*

Wanting to get rid of 4 Kahrs. P40, P45, PM45, CW9. $600 for all four. 615-512-3903 text or call.

Buyer beware- I can say with with utmost confidence that these are the most non-trouble free and unreliable guns I have owned. I’ve tried to be patient and forgiving and really want to like them. But they don’t make it easy, and I’ve had enough. Before I take the band saw to them I figure I should try to get at least something out of them. I feel guilty selling them, but if you’re willing to take on their unique idiosyncrasies and have the patience to turn them into productive, useful members of society, more power to you.

FTF sale to TN carry permit holders, cash only, meet in Nashville. 

Some of their peculiarities include : P45, bought new in December. I have approx. 1,000 rounds through it. Installed a new slide release retention spring because out of the box the slide release was working its way loose while shooting. Since replacing spring, the slide release stays put and it has actually cycled a full magazine of fmj without a malfunction. But sadly, anything other than hardball causes a ftf on 2nd or 3rd round every time. After some feed ramp polishing and range time I figured it might come around, but not so. Guess it needs somebody more patient and knowledgeable than me. Which isn’t saying much, I admit. Plastic case and 3 mags. 

Soo, moving on... the P40 was great until about a month ago it started dropping mags whenever it wanted. I’ve tried shooting left handed, shooting with thumbs out, shooting with somebody else’s hands, and mags still drop with each shot. Almost as aggravating as the P45 ftf’s. I’m guessing that a new mag release might solve it but it doesn’t really have enough rounds through it to warrant replacement parts or repairs so I’m over it. Plastic case and 2 mags. 

The CW9 has been pretty good, once in a while has a ftf but not often. Just enough to make it less than 100% reliable. 2 mags, no box.

The PM45 has actually been surprisingly reliable. I kind of want to keep it but figure it’s an outlier and someone else deserves a chance to experience a trouble free Kahr. Plastic case and 3 mags.

So there you have it. A dysfunctional family of four if ever there was one. I wouldn’t buy them, I’d spend my money on something worthwhile. But if you have $600 burning a hole in your pocket give me a shout. 

4BBC0A5F-5E09-4CD5-9CA7-AB2A2665E278.jpeg

ACE9901A-AB5F-4BA7-8400-B964275ED6EE.jpeg

E563AB07-1CAD-42B6-AF0F-FA175B1C1E14.jpeg

7DC53164-AC79-4C73-8067-173A86738983.jpeg

Edited by Dihmsab
Edit title to add SPM and edit text size
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

LOL   That's the most brutally honest sale ad I've seen in years.

But to be honest with you, I could buy them, but I won't. I just don't like the Kahrs. I've had 2 and just couldn't live with them.

Now that being said. Heck of a good deal for someone! Shouldn't, I would think, be too much trouble with repairs. I don't know enough about them to guarantee this. JMO

I wish you success in this sale. I can't believe they've lasted this long here.

Edited by hipower
  • Like 2

Four bad Kahrs? My only experience with Kahr is a CM-9 that I purchased about 7 years ago. It has been perfect right out of the box, I know they recommend a 200 round break-in to be considered reliable, but not a single issue from the first shot. That was about 1500 rounds ago.

• Like 2