Charter Arms to Unveil New Professional Revolver

FortKnox

9 minutes ago, FortKnox said:

Now my question is why wouldn’t you go just a smidge longer and chamber it in .327 Fed?

My initial reaction is “it’s Charter Arms”.  They march to a different drummer but make quality handguns from what I hear.

Most likely it fits an existing frame and cylinder size they can already produce?

1 hour ago, Garufa said:

My initial reaction is “it’s Charter Arms”.  They march to a different drummer but make quality handguns from what I hear.

Most likely it fits an existing frame and cylinder size they can already produce?

They make .38s, so maybe a question of the quality of steel they're willing to pay for?

Edited by TomInMN
Double braindeadedness and autocorrect.
1 hour ago, Garufa said:

This.  I bet they just said, "If we take equipment and materials that we already have and already use to produce .38s...and we bore .32" chambers instead, what is the hottest .32 cartridge the resulting cylinder could handle?"

Frankly, my hat is off to them for acknowledging their limitations.  Wish Ruger had done the same with their 7-round .357 GP100.

Those grips look a might large for CC. And does it really need to be 22oz? That’s the same weight as my SA XDs .45acp. That’s right at my self imposed weight limit for a CC piece. Not a bad looking revolver though.  

• Admin Team

I bet it’s actually a pretty sweet shooter.  Rarely do you see actual stainless frames. 

Charter Arms has always produced a dependable, value priced revolver.  They’re not light, but that steel soaks up recoil pretty well.

I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend one. 

I’ve known many a tackle boxes that have held old .38 Bulldogs with the round or two loaded for moccasins.  

• Like 1

I'm an admirer of the .32 H&R Magnum and may need to buy this.  I had one of the first Charter .44 Bulldogs when they came out in stainless, and it was a great gun.  It got stolen in a break-in and I never replaced it.  But I'm thinking a seven-shot .32 Mag may be the ideal woods gun....

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Magiccarpetrides said:

Ok that's actually really cool looking...but I do wish it was a 327...then you could also shoot it or 32's...right?

.32 S&W (short) works in .32 S&W Long that works in .32 H&R Magnum that works in .327 Federal Magnum.  If you're talking about .32 ACP that might work as well but you'll probably have to poke the shells out with a stick of some sort.

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, Magiccarpetrides said:

Ok that's actually really cool looking...but I do wish it was a 327...then you could also shoot it or 32's...right?

I just got to remind myself I don't need another wheelgun...or any gun for that matter until I start shooting more.

Same here. lol

But...it does sort of tweak my interest.

• Like 1