Sign in to follow this  
FUJIMO

AR "name this piece" game

I need someone to weigh in and educate me. I need an official name and possible mfg on this piece please.

IMG_2302.JPG

IMG_2303.JPG

Looks like an A2 Upper. No forward assist. No idea of mfg.

Edited by AuEagle
  • Thanks 1

Looks like an old-school M16 upper.  It’s not any “A” variant.

What’s up with the screws where the forward takedown pin goes?

its an sp1 upper,the sp1 had a larger front hole that took a screw rather than normal takedown pin

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, cz75b said:

its an sp1 upper,the sp1 had a larger front hole that took a screw rather than normal takedown pin

You win.  Arrange receipt of the prize with @FUJIMO 😀

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bring it with you when you come to town and we can compare it against my 1966 SP1 if you want.

• Like 2

That is a paper weight, I will give you 10 dollars for it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Saw one yesterday just like it.

Completely original 1964 Colt SP1.
Original down to the sling according to the fellow who owns it.

He was contemplating buying a flat top upper to go on the lower so he could use a scope.
Good fellow who had no idea what he has.
I recommended he do some research on it before he started separating it for weekend plinking with the grandkids.

57 minutes ago, DL126 said:

Saw one yesterday just like it.

Completely original 1964 Colt SP1.
Original down to the sling according to the fellow who owns it.

He was contemplating buying a flat top upper to go on the lower so he could use a scope.
Good fellow who had no idea what he has.
I recommended he do some research on it before he started separating it for weekend plinking with the grandkids.

Yeah be much better to buy a $400 used AR and let that collectible sit in the safe. 

29 minutes ago, Johnny Rotten said:

If you have one of those you need one of these

46513491575_a0285fe05a_b.jpg

Cast iron stock? Lol

1 hour ago, Johnny Rotten said:

I believe its aluminum, my M16 came with a commando upper like yours and this stock.

I imagine if you changed it that means it may not be as good as a more modern stock ?

14 minutes ago, FUJIMO said:

I imagine if you changed it that means it may not be as good as a more modern stock ?

For old school its ok (pre 1986), the only thing original on my gun is the lower, I wanted to bring it to todays standards.