1 minute ago, Quavodus said:

They've went way up in price over the years. How much are they asking for Hex recievers now?

The reasonable online sources like AIM start at $360 for a hex.  I couln’t image what a place like Cabela’s wants.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

I have had a few stumble in. I wish I had not been so young, broke, and busy when they were cheap. Same for AKs, Enfields, and Mausers.

Though one could say that the AR  is sorta filling the cheap surplus role currently. 

At one time I considered buying a case of Mosins.  Kinda wish I did now.

BTW, there really is no such thing as a surplus AR.  Same goes for new manufacture Russian steel-cased ammo...not surplus.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, BCR#1 said:

Funny thing is, Finn's are not going up like the Russian "slathered in orange snot" rifles are. Makes no sense.

Bill

The casual Mosin buyers probably never heard of a Finnish variant, and most of them don't frequent the collector forums.  Marketing being what it is, the few Ukrainian rifles that are occasionally trickling in, as well as the remaining imports that seem to be surfacing from obscure warehouses are being hyped as the "last" of the rifles that a lot of consumers are familiar with, thus the current prices ...

• 1 month later...
On 5/3/2019 at 10:09 AM, BCR#1 said:

I would pay $450.00 for a nice Finn M39 before $300.00 for a plain Jane Russian 91-30.

Agreed, but $450 M39’s are more difficult to find ...

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 3:13 PM, Garufa said:

The reasonable online sources like AIM start at $360 for a hex.....

Yikes! I paid $89.00 each for both of these hex receiver Tula's a few years back. And both came with bayonets and all of the accessories. In all but perfect condition.

Hdfv4dS.jpg?2

PVZh6RB.jpg?2

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, No_0ne said:

Since I made that last post, Classic did send out an email with some cans at $150 ...

$150.00 don't sound to bad. I need to get some more ammo before it goes completely insane in price like the rifles.