NRA Rant

I need to rant!  I am a proud member of the NRA, I am 100% for everything they stand for and the work they do to ensure our rights our protected. I am a life member, I would wholeheartedly recommend my friends join, but NRA, STOP WITH THE DAMN SPAM! Emails, mails, telephone calls! They are worse than those Chinese Bank Of America scam calls.  Just stop!  Spend MY money on folks that are not members, spend it on advertising, spend it on more perks for me!  I had a "Director" of the NRA call me up a couple of weeks ago, I told her the same exact thing.  Just non stop, forced down my throat spam.  Stop it!

*Rant Over*

Edited by ShaggyRS6
  • Like 4

Opt Out 
We also use your membership information to send you notices in the mail or by email about special member benefits, discounts, and offers. If you do not wish to receive these mailings, you can: (1) opt-out of email lists immediately by following the instructions at the bottom of the email, (2) email us using our Contact Us page, (3) call us at 1-800-672-3888, (4) write to us at National Rifle Association of America, 11250 Waples Mill Road; Fairfax, VA 22030.

Easy peasy.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, gregintenn said:

Easy peasy.

Tried that a few times :) The point is though.  They would be better of spending that money elsewhere, I even asked the lady that called em to take me off the list.  Yes sir, we will do that immediately,  and still it goes on.  Now I am sure I can call back, and that's on me, but regardless, it should not be forced down anyone's throat at the level they do.

Edited by ShaggyRS6
  • Like 2

My conspiracy theory:

The American Cancer Society does not exist to wipe out cancer.

The American Heart Association does not exist to cure heart disease.

They would be putting themselves out of business.

You see where this goes??.....

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, beebee233 said:

My conspiracy theory:

The American Cancer Society does not exist to wipe out cancer.

The American Heart Association does not exist to cure heart disease.

They would be putting themselves out of business.

You see where this goes??.....

The National Rifle Association does not exist to get rid of rifles?

😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, TomInMN said:

The National Rifle Association does not exist to get rid of rifles?

😁

A man said to me once, I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

Where this conspiracy theory would go....

The NRA does not exist to end the attempt by anti-2A entities to put gun control measures into to place to prevent citizens from owning........ ah, nevermind.....

3 hours ago, DWARREN123 said:

Well between the NRA and GOA they are the only real 2 organizations who are fighting for the 2d Amendment.

Let me introduce you to The Second Amendment Foundation (SAF).  I think they've done more for the 2nd Amendment in the courts over the last ten (10) or twelve (12) years.  The NRA has focused more on the legislative side.

https://www.saf.org/

I am a member of NRA and SAF.

• Like 4

Well no matter what organization, if they do good for our rights we need to support them as best we can.

Freedom of speech, 2d Amendment or any other rights we have under our Constitution!

From the Founders our rights are GOD given but we have to protect them!

Edited by DWARREN123
  • Like 1
On 3/21/2019 at 5:43 PM, DWARREN123 said:

Well between the NRA and the GOA they are is the only real 2 organizations who are fighting for the 2d Amendment.

Here, I fixed it for you. That's coming from an active lifetime member of the NRA.

As someone else mentioned, the SAF is also a much better org to join than the NRA. Unfortunately, the NRA in action only really defends hunting and basic self-defense. They cover modern rifles  (AR-15's and any other modern, plastic gun) and take ads in American Rifleman, but I've seen very little practical defense from them in the last 8 years. The same goes for supporting carrying laws. They seem to support more terrible carry laws in TN that don't restore our rights than actually using their might to get things like constitutional carry, or public school carry.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, AuEagle said:

The Second, it protects the First.

I could say the first protects the second and leave it at that, but I'll try to add some meat. If you can't freely speak how can you keep the second from being erased from the books? You can lock yourself in your home with your arsenal, but we all know how that turns out.