Well finally got the word from Landlord

Well I finally got the word from my landlord and he wants me to move by June so he can renovate this cottage I live in. He said he will be done with the other 2 units and ready to begin working on this one. At least he is giving me a fair amount of time to move. I have never heard of a property Landlord actually moving people out of rented places so he can remodel them. Normally they wait till they are empty and then remodel them. I have lived here 19 years and never been a day late on rent and seldom ask him to fix anything except the central AC/heat unit. I fix small things rather that bother him but evidently none of that matters to him so I will be gone from here by June. Moving out in the country into a small cottage that my SIL and daughter own that is located behind their house about 50 yards. I will probably like it out there but hate the hassle of moving. Oh well at least I will be able to do some shooting out there. They own about 10 acres with a steep hill on one side that I should be able to set up a small range on. If I dissappear from the site for a while I will be back here soon as I get set back up........:up:

• Like 2

Im in agreement with the comment above..hes probably figured with a remodel he can really jack up the rent but doesn't have the heart to tell you that's the plan so out you go.  Hard to get rid of a steady check for 19 years but with the way Nashville area rents are going way up im sure that's what his plan is....or maybe remodel all the cottages and then sell it and retire.

Sorry to hear about your forced move. I'm sure the area your'e in, housing is crazy compared to Cookeville.

To anybody starting out, not just speaking as a Realtor but a former renter, longterm homeowner, former landlord and soon to be again landlord........

90% of the time if you can swing it and plan on staying put at least 5 years. BUY! 

Little or no down payment or lower income? The govt. can assist with USDA loans or VA backed loans. (some restrictions apply).

You guys that have good income, good credit???? What are you waiting for?

Wish I could go back in time...... I'd be Rich, all the money I pissed away on worthless junk if I'd have bought a second or even third home earlier and been getting renters to pay the mortgage?????  Anyway, don't say nobody ever told you.

• Like 3

Just another chapter in the book of life closing and another new chapter beginning. Hope you enjoy the country living and with a shooting range you can set up, no excuses not to shoot more. Moving is always a hassle maybe time to downsize some of the  things you don't use anymore. Best of luck.

• Like 1