Bill would grant forgiveness to people who accidentally ignore 'No Firearms' signs at businesses

The no guns posting law in this state is unnecessary and anti gun because it is a weapons crime, even for people with handgun carry permits. 

Most states do not have this sort of law on the books, especially for people with pistol permits, because trespass covers unwanted behavior on private and government property.  

A lot of people forget that those 'no gun' signs in TN do make it illegal to carry on some local and state government owned property.

Edited by 300winmag
4 hours ago, DaveTN said:

Starbucks stopped it; to everyone’s satisfaction. Other than the snowflake and the employee that was apparently either a snowflake, cop hater, or just stupid.

Business employees shouldn't have to deal with someone with a gun when their premises are posted. And most won't, they will just call the cops. Once that starts with the cops having no authority to make an arrest; you will have dirt bags doing it just to make YouTube Videos. Just like the clowns in Texas did with taking their AR's to the local Starbucks. 

I will have been here 21 years in September and I have never seen a step backward or any anti-gun loopholes. Tell us what you have seen.:confused:

If you have a permit; you can carry most places…even bars. Since just recently you don’t even need a permit to have a gun in your car. Your carry permit covers loaded rifles in your vehicle, and you can buy and sell privately to your hearts content.

The many years I have been on this forum I, and others have been told “Baby Steps”, we have to take “Baby Steps”. There are no baby steps left. We are at the point of Constitutional carry. But no, what are we worried about? We are worried about taking away the right of a business owner to ban firearms from his property and worried that we can’t walk onto school grounds armed. :)

That was up to Starbucks to deal with, which they did as it should be.  If an employee can't/won't deal with a company policy, maybe they need to reevaluate their job choice.  In the meantime, they can call LEO, LEO can ask the customer to leave, problem solved.

Pro 2A laws...where to start.

How long before some, not all, restrictions were lifted for a CCW permit holder? 

Carry in State Parks, private companies operating in the park, i.e. concert or other event are allowed to post.  School activities in the parks, even if you are not aware.

Guns in cars, sure but though they let you carry, can't your boss fire you for bringing it to work, even in the lot?  Of course, I'm screwed anyway because I work on Ft Campbell.  And oh yea, loaded long guns during hunting season, has that been addressed?  There's at least one warden that I wouldn't take a chance on it doing it in front of, even in my Sunday go to church clothes.

It should not be the place for state government to add weapons crimes for people, especially people with carry permits, who are violating a property owner's weapons and/or human resource policies.  Weapons policies are normally civil issues (such as workplace rules) and at most turn into trespass issues when an individual refuses to leave when a property owner/manager asks that person to leave.

Tennessee is one of the few states in the country that has that sort of law on the books and applies it to people with carry permits.

Constitutional carry would be great but does not fix the other places in this state that you cannot legally carry a handgun even with a permit.  Many of those locations are legal to carry with a permit in other states, like college campuses.     

• Like 1