Jump to content
bersaguy

Moving to new residence question?

Recommended Posts

Most folks here know I will be moving to a new residence sometime in June probably, maybe a little earlier. My question is can I just do change of address on line for my CCW and Drivers license or does it have to be done in person. I have never thought I would be moving again in my life but it is what it is and I am moving. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Bersaguy        aka  Doug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just did this bout a year ago. I changed my address online. Then I had to apply for a duplicate Handgun Permit online. The duplicate costs $5. They told me on the phone that it is not necessary to change your gun permit address as it has the same number as your drivers license and one is good enough. I changed mine anyway. Took about 1 week to get the duplicate with the new address back.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bersaguy said:

Most folks here know I will be moving to a new residence sometime in June probably, maybe a little earlier. My question is can I just do change of address on line for my CCW and Drivers license or does it have to be done in person. I have never thought I would be moving again in my life but it is what it is and I am moving. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Bersaguy        aka  Doug

Tennessee has no “CCW” so you might want to check with whatever state issues such things.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Tennessee has no “CCW” so you might want to check with whatever state issues such things.

Last time I saw him, he was in this state. I reckon he moved. Wasn't KY. They have a bunch more letters than that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Change the address online through department of safety it’s free. You don’t need another copy unless you just want one. Once you change the address it applies to license and permit.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok so maybe it's a permit to carry a fire arm of some kind in Tennessee. Anyway I will be moving to another town in Tennessee and just want to know if I can do a change of address on that and DL on line or do I need to do it in person. I don't need new ones as I just got new ones when I renewed last year and had to go in person for a new picture so I did both of them at same time as Drivers license was do for renewal a month later. So can I do change of address online for both of them?

Thank you for any help on this

Bersaguy     aka  Doug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2019 at 7:02 PM, Eray said:

I just did this bout a year ago. I changed my address online. Then I had to apply for a duplicate Handgun Permit online. The duplicate costs $5. They told me on the phone that it is not necessary to change your gun permit address as it has the same number as your drivers license and one is good enough. I changed mine anyway. Took about 1 week to get the duplicate with the new address back.

Did the same a while back, myself.  Quick and easy to make happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, alleycat72 said:

If you have a lifetime permit, take your birth certificate. You'll need it.

He would take his birth certificate, but it is inscribed on a huge rock, because he was born in the stone age. LOL I couldn't resist Doug!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I moved several times after I received my hcp.  Just jump online and change your address.  That's it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


The Fine Print

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines