"Highwan Men"

Wife and I just finished watching. Very good, I didn't realize Bonnie and Clyde were idolized so much. Gun shop was very fun to watch. I noticed that the No Trespassing sign they shot with machine gun, when they showed it from the back later, looked like the bullets didn't go through just dented.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Jeb48 said:

I noticed that the No Trespassing sign they shot with machine gun, when they showed it from the back later, looked like the bullets didn't go through just dented.

I'll need to watch that again.  My recollection was that they showed the back of the sign *before* Frank opened up on it with the BAR, but perhaps I'm wrong.  For sure those BAR rounds would have no problem shooting through a highway sign, so that would count as a serious technical error in the film.

14 hours ago, Jeb48 said:

Wife and I just finished watching. Very good, I didn't realize Bonnie and Clyde were idolized so much. Gun shop was very fun to watch. I noticed that the No Trespassing sign they shot with machine gun, when they showed it from the back later, looked like the bullets didn't go through just dented.

They don't make 'em (signs) like they used to!

• Like 1
  • Admin Team
19 hours ago, Jeb48 said:

Did they shoot it with the Thompson or the BAR.  One of the early complaints about the Thompson - and one that really hurt its adoption was it’s lack of penetrating power at a distance. 

The BAR, of course was another story - and the reason Barrow preferred it. 

5 hours ago, Magiccarpetrides said:

It was really good and it was nice to finally see a movie that didn't glamorize those two murderers.

This was a good movie  Just watched it. It was the first time that they weren't glamorized in a movie. My dad took me to see their car when I was really small I still remember it.

• Like 1
On 4/5/2019 at 10:54 PM, Omega said:

Great movie, I never realized they had killed so many LEO.  I mostly thought they just robbed banks.

Officially, they only killed 9.   The movie made it seem like a lot more and that killing cops was just for fun.  

Additionally, there is no proof that Bonnie ever killed a cop.  She seemed to be the cold blooded cop killer in the movie but that seems to run contrary to what we know today.  

This wasn't in the movie but I found it interesting in the overall Bonnie & Clyde/Hamer story.  

Hamer was interested in the Barrow hunt assignment, but the pay was only a third of what he made working for oil companies. To sweeten the deal, TDOC boss Lee Simmons granted Hamer title to all the stolen guns the posse would recover from the slain outlaws. Almost all the guns were the former property of the National Guard, pilfered from their armories during overnight burglaries. There was a thriving market for "celebrity" guns, even in 1934.