Jump to content
Chucktshoes

New to me Bergara

Recommended Posts

My newest acquisition. It’s a Bergara B-14 HMR in 6.5 Creedmoor with a Timney Calvin Elite trigger, an EGW 20moa base, Vortex (Seekins) precision rings, and a Nightforce SHV 3-10x42 (that’s probably going to get swapped with the NF 3.5-15x50 that’s currently on my Montana .308 as I think they’re a better gun/glass match both ways).

https://imgur.com/a/1pvNBBQ

 

Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice rig.  I've been seriously looking at that exact rifle lately.  Someday before I die, I want to shoot (and hit) a target at 1000 yards.  

You're apparently not a cheapskate when it comes to glass.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're fixing to start load development for my little brother's 6.5 Creedmor, as soon as his coax press comes in. He's getting 5ish in groups at 500 yards now with some wind, so it's close with the factory Hornady stuff. We can get it better with hand loads. Like I said, great caliber.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, deerslayer said:

Nice rig.  I've been seriously looking at that exact rifle lately.  Someday before I die, I want to shoot (and hit) a target at 1000 yards.  

You're apparently not a cheapskate when it comes to glass.  

No I am not. My basic rule of thumb is that the glass budget should be twice what you spent of the rifle. That said, I’ve gotten really fond of NF glass. This is my third NF scope. Most likely it won’t be my last. 

 

Also, I’ve got a group of friends that all have this exact rifle in 6.5. Every single one of them loves it. Your only regret when it comes to this rifle is waiting as long as you did to buy it. 

Edited by Chucktshoes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

No I am not. My basic rule of thumb is that the glass budget should be twice what you spent of the rifle. That said, I’ve gotten really fond of NF glass. This is my third NF scope. Most likely it won’t be my last. 

 

Also, I’ve got a group of friends that all have this exact rifle in 6.5. Every single one of them loves it. Your only regret when it comes to this rifle is waiting as long as you did to buy it. 

A friend had a NF 8-42x (or thereabouts) on a 700 Police .308.  Kind of overkill, but it was a lot of fun reading the county on a license plate a looong way off.  I was pretty impressed with it.  

Any of your group have the 24" 6.5?  I think it's a Bass Pro exclusive.  Wonder if there would be any significant velocity difference between the 22 and 24.  A lot of factory 6.5 loads say specs are from a 24" barrel.  

Edited by deerslayer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

A friend had a NF 8-42x (or thereabouts) on a 700 Police .308.  Kind of overkill, but it was a lot of fun reading the county on a license plate a looong way off.  I was pretty impressed with it.  

Any of your group have the 24" 6.5?  I think it's a Bass Pro exclusive.  Wonder if there would be any significant velocity difference between the 22 and 24.  A lot of factory 6.5 loads say specs are from a 24" barrel.  

I don’t know off the top of my head. I’ll check. I do know one guy actually had his cut down to 16.5”. That one is a permanently suppressed hunting rifle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2019 at 6:58 PM, Chucktshoes said:

(that’s probably going to get swapped with the NF 3.5-15x50 that’s currently on my Montana .308 as I think they’re a better gun/glass match both ways).

https://imgur.com/a/1pvNBBQ

 


Drop them both off.   We can upgrade rings on the Montana and I'll swap the scopes and get them sighted in for you.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Shorty said:

I'm pretty good at sighting in a rifle 😉

You can come with me.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Capbyrd said:


Drop them both off.   We can upgrade rings on the Montana and I'll swap the scopes and get them sighted in for you.   

You know I might take you up on that. 😆

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Similar Content

    • By robtattoo
      I'll be honest, it wasn't sure where to post this. I have a really good mate, just got back to TN from his deployment to El paso. He's looking to buy a few guns & he doesn't know of any reputable FFLs in his area.
       
      He doesn't want to travel far, so can anyone recommend a good, cheap license holder around Clarksville for transfers?
    • By graycrait
      I am trading into this Savage MKII McRees chassis with Rifle Basix trigger, 8-32x33 20mm Mueller scope.  OK, the eyepiece and sunshade  may have to go, but the package appeals to me.

    • By TireBuilder
      Anyone have experience with this rifle? Accuracy, best factory loads for deer, and coyote? Pros and cons? I'm really interested in picking one up, but looking for real reviews. Thanks in advance.

The Fine Print

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines