May 4 TN/GA/AL Training Group !

On Saturday May 4 we will hold our May meeting for the TN/GA/AL Regional Suarez Int Training Group for 2019! 

Subject : May The Fourth (and your Blaster Rifle) Be With You   !!!

Instructor: Tier 1 Suarez Int Staff Instructor Randy Harris

11534 Rhea County Hwy, Hwy 27 
Dayton, TN 37321 
423-605-4242 
http://www.theridgeshooting.com/

Time: 9AM EASTERN time - 3PM EASTERN time

Price: $80 - pay at class cash or check. 

What you need to bring: Your Rifle, or Rifle Caliber Pistol or Pistol Caliber Carbine, at least 3 magazines and at least 200 rounds of ammo. Your Pistol and 30 Rounds of Pistol Ammo should be enough. Any ancillary gear to carry mags (chest rig, battle belt, belt mounted mag pouches, bag to carry mags, or just your pockets)   

Some of us have long desired a training day where we can do some RIFLE work  out past 50 yards....Well we are doing just that on May 4 in Dayton TN at The Ridge. We will be rocking with rifles for a day and we can shoot out to a couple of hundred yards there..... We will be doing individual drills and then a "team competition" . This one is going to be a boat load of fun. Bill at the Ridge has graciously allowed us use of the rifle range and I'm going to pay it forward by keeping the price the same as usual ($80) and I'll cover the range fees out of my end as appreciation for you guys coming out to play.

Some of you have been there before for classes but for those that have not it is EASILY found LITERALLY with a driveway right off of a major hwy with a classroom and all the modern amenities (like indoor plumbing) and many local places to eat....they even have a Mexican joint close by....(you knew I couldn't do training day anywhere without a Mexican joint close by)....

So I hope to see you all out there and please tell your friends and acquaintances and even people you don't even know! MAY 4th in DAYTON TN !! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am getting ready!

From carbine class, I thought I would get a dump pouch for mag retention; figured out a system with pockets.

Once again going for the practical / tactical approach. I think minimalist is also entering my world.

Bringing the AR type since we're shooting 50 - 150. The only upgrades to my SW MP from stock are a Magpul grip and Burris FF3 

I always bring a backup something, hence my tacti-cool carbine. My most comfortable range with skill, iron sights, and .30cal carbine is 50 yards, a good shooter could push 100, much like .357 / .44...we'll see how it keeps up. I'll bring plenty of ammo if anyone wants to shoot it.

Leaving the 9mm Stormtrooper blaster at home, if this was a 2 day class, I would bring it on Sunday for Revenge of the Fifth.

IMG_20190422_195314_01.jpg

TWO weeks to go ! 

Whether you bring your Stormtrooper blaster , your Pistol Caliber Carbine, your rifle caliber Carbine, your rifle caliber Pistol or whatever, bring it and yourself out to The Ridge in Dayton on May 4th for a fun and educational day working on rifle skills !

If you on the fence about attending, what I can promise you:

You don't need high speed, low drag gear or a fancy long gun. 

You will participate in skill building drills not available at most ranges or with many instructors.

You can assess your individual skill level in a judgement free zone.

It will be fun!