Newest Addition to the Carry Kit

Guest Phantom6

Guest Phantom6

Sorry about the quality of the pics but my camera was MIA and I had to use up some old film.

My new Seecamp .32 cal.

Emergency_Kit.jpg

Here, I put it on Disc for you-

LWS_32.jpg

I've just ordered two two more in .380 cal. One for my wife and one for me. The 380's are the same size as this .32. One of these shooting Silvertips can be a real show stopper.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Phantom6
nice!!

very concealable!

but you have to shoot them with the whole magazine....oh wait..silly me, that'll happen anyhow!:up:

Yup. It'll go something like this:

Lawyer: And Mr. Phantom6, would you care to tell this court just why you shot my client's now deceased brother 7 times?

Phantom6: Well, ah..., cause that's all the gun will hold and by the time I had slammed the second magazine home into the mag well, he had quit twitchin'. :D

I think you must like that Seecamp. :D

I'm not awake good yet and it took me a minute to figure out what the Seecamp magazine is in the photo. My first reaction was wondering what you used the clevis pin for. :up:

I have a knife that looks very similar to your Buck, but mine has the Browning name on it. Bought it in the early 70s when I lived in Raleigh. The finish on the wood came off the first time I forgot to take it out of my pocket when I washed some jeans. So I did a tung oil finish and it's been impervious to everything ever since.

The Browning knife has become a camping blade. The knife I carry these days is a Gerber Applegate - Fairbairn Covert Folder. It was a recommendation by a North Carolina LEO friend.

154122901_cac324a179.jpg

Guest Voodoo_1

Nice emergency kit, Phantom! Larry builds a finely crafted little pocket pistol doesn't he? I would love to have the .380 but I just cannot convince myself to spend 1G for a .380 pocket pistol. I've looked at and read about the P3AT for a while, but just am not sold on it's reliability. If I can't totally trust a gun, I don't want it. So my pocket pistol is probably going to wind up being a S&W 642 J-frame. After all, everyone needs at least (1) revolver.:up:

I think the concern on the P3AT is that it isn't unusual to have a feeding issue until it gets broken in 50 to 100 rounds and it won't load properly if you don't pull the slide all the way back and release it. No nursing of the slide as it closes. But I've seen the same problems on 1911s and other guns. The problem is with the operator, not the gun.

I have no idea whether the Seecamp is more reliable than the P3AT. I do know it is more picky about ammunition. I've never seen a cartridge that the Kel-Tec doesn't like.

I do know that there a lot of us professionals carrying the little Kel-Tec as a BUG, so I think it can be considered reliable. I think it is.

But the Seecamp certainly has more class. :up:

Guest Phantom6

But the Seecamp certainly has more class. :)

I'd have to agree. After all, the serial number is my name. :cool: Customization aside, it runs smooth. Mars is right. It is a finicky eater but it likes Winchester White box FMJ as well as Silver Tips.

My wife saw it, shot it and now wants one for herself. She keeps talking about how "big and bulky" her Beretta Tomcat is now. There goes another 3 and a half Benjamines. Oh well, it's for a good cause- cause I love her and she's the rock that let's me roll. :)

Guest Boomhower

Nice addition.....Do you carry all of that daily? I know what all your carry rig consisted of before, but have you added the see camp to the fold?

Hey Phantom6, I'll trade you my Sterling 25 for your Seecamp. :cool:

It's striker fired just like those wonderful Glocks....

155466141_1f42e60fff.jpg

Incidentally, I had a Tomcat for a while before trading it for a Kel-Tec P32, that was itself traded for a P3AT. Nice features on the Tomcat, but I agree with your wife that they are bulky. They are also a 32 Auto.

BTW, I went in a local gun shop the other day that had both a Lorcin L-22 and L-25. Wanted $100 and $90 for them. :)

Guest Phantom6
Nice addition.....Do you carry all of that daily? I know what all your carry rig consisted of before, but have you added the see camp to the fold?

Generally speaking, yes. The XD is on the hip with the wheelgun in the left pants pocket and the Seecamp either in the shirt pocket or right hip pocket. Just like my knife has always been, so now my Seecamp has become like my American Express card, I "never leave home without it". :)

Guest Phantom6
Hey Phantom6, I'll trade you my Sterling 25 for your Seecamp. :)

It's striker fired just like those wonderful Glocks....

Let me think about this for a moment. Mmm ... no! :P

Incidentally, I had a Tomcat for a while before trading it for a Kel-Tec P32, that was itself traded for a P3AT. Nice features on the Tomcat, but I agree with your wife that they are bulky. They are also a 32 Auto.

I rather like the Tomcat as a tool of last resort though it is surprisingly much bulkier that the Seecamp. Many poo poo the idea of the .32 ACP but when loaded with Silvertip bullets it is quite a devistating little round. As long as the ammo and pistol are kept within the bounds of they're intended use, highly concealable and in extremely close quarters it can be a real showstopper especially if bullet placement is good.

BTW, I went in a local gun shop the other day that had both a Lorcin L-22 and L-25. Wanted $100 and $90 for them. :cool:

Aw heck, if I wanted a paperweight I'd choose the Highpiont 9mm. They are much heavier and about the same price. :)

Many poo poo the idea of the .32 ACP but when loaded with Silvertip bullets it is quite a devistating little round. As long as the ammo and pistol are kept within the bounds of they're intended use, highly concealable and in extremely close quarters it can be a real showstopper especially if bullet placement is good.

I'm still a bit wary of the 32 Auto. I have a video of the aftermath of an execution killing using a 32 ACP. The first round, shot at the back right of the head at point-blank range did not penetrate the cranial vault. It took a shot to the right eye to do the deed. Bullet placement seems to be the key.

Guest Voodoo_1
Mars is right. It is a finicky eater but it likes Winchester White box FMJ as well as Silver Tips.

Phantom, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it true that Larry Seecamp designed this gun just the opposite of a Glock. The Seecamp has a close tolerance chamber vs the loose/unsupported chamber of the Glock and this is the cause of being finicky with certain ammo. Just curious!

Guest Phantom6
Phantom, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it true that Larry Seecamp designed this gun just the opposite of a Glock. The Seecamp has a close tolerance chamber vs the loose/unsupported chamber of the Glock and this is the cause of being finicky with certain ammo. Just curious!

The close tolerance that is built into the Seecamp is partially responsible. The pistol is designed to fire a certain size 32 round. There is actually a spacer in the magazine to prevent acceptance of other ammo. The Remington 71 gr. 32 cal. FMJ for instance is just a hair longer than the Winchester so the magazines will not feed it correctly.

The most noticable of the differences between the Glock and the Seecamp outside of size of course is the fact that the Seecamp is a "hammer gun". Though it has no thumb spur it does have a hammer.

The Winchester Silvertip is a lighter but faster round. 60 gr, with a muzzle velocity of 970 ft./sec. out of an unspecified length barrel. Hydra-Shoks are 65 gr. and 925 ft./sec. from a 4" barrel. What their actual velocities will be out of a short barrel is just a guess.

I didn't know about the spacer in the Seecamp magazine.