Nope, no concealed weapons of any kind allowed. No guns in vehicles on TVA property  

I carry my firearm at the Chickamauga dam boat ramp while launching and have never had a problem while doing so. I actually called the tva police and was given the OK to do so but only at the ramp area, not any day use area.

Bill

I don't know about TVA land but I do know Corps has no issues with it. I was launching my boat last year at Lock 4 boat ramp and while waiting on my partner I stood and talked to a Sheriffs deputy and a game warden and I was semi concealed, as in not trying to hide it but not trying to show it off and we talked maybe 20 minutes before my partner showed up and he was also packing and nothing was said about it at all. They were still standing talking when we went fishing.

On 4/7/2019 at 7:24 PM, BCR#1 said:

I carry my firearm at the Chickamauga dam boat ramp while launching and have never had a problem while doing so. I actually called the tva police and was given the OK to do so but only at the ramp area, not any day use area.

Bill

Good information, thanks DaveTN. 

I copied this from that web site as seems the most applicable section.

Hunting, firearms and alcohol

• Hunting and fishing are permitted on undeveloped TVA public lands in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations, unless otherwise posted. Please note, however, that hunting is prohibited on other TVA lands—such as TVA dam reservations, power plant reservations, power substations and developed recreation areas (such as campgrounds and day-use areas)—unless otherwise posted.
  • Possession and use of firearms and other weapons are permissible on undeveloped TVA public lands subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations, unless otherwise posted. If there is a conflict between federal rules/laws and other laws, federal rules/laws prevail.

My Comment: 

They refer to undeveloped lands in the first "dot" , then refer to to other TVA Lands such as dam reservations, power plant reservations, power substations, and developed recreation areas (to me,  the phrase "such as" leaves it open to other areas 'like about any developed area'.

I don't know, like many laws it is hard to understand. My guess is they (TVA) don't bother folks unless you are causing an issue. Keep it concealed and as a lot of the so called Defense Insurance Programs specify, "they w ill not defend you if you use a gun in a restricted area for self defense".   

PS: I do know a friend lived around here all his life and told me about a place they use to go to shoot targets at a lake area when the lake was down. There is a road into the spot and when the lake is down, it is a good place to shoot into a hill side. I suspected that was not legal and called TVA to ask. It was not legal and basically (as I remember), I got the idea not allowed to shoot any place near the lake (been awhile so don't remember exactly what was said).  Did not discuss having a firearm with or without a CC Permit.  

Edited by PAULSHOOT
Highlighted (BOLD) a couple areas.