More trouble for Dick's

I find it amusing that a company owned by Michael Bloomberg would be running a story about the financial hit Dicks has taken.

I’ve seen so many gun stores it takes a lot to impress me. I saw my first Field & Stream store a couple of years ago. I must say it was very impressive. Prices were high, but they had everything in stock and on display. I don’t see how those stores will survive this.

I went to the Field & Stream site to see if they were offering AR’s. They are not, but they are offering a Mini-14. :)

I did some quick research on Stack to see how a single individual could be allowed to destroy a company like this while a board of directors and investors do nothing but stand by and watch. Seems he owns 20% of the company and controls 2/3 of the voting shares (or did in 2010).

I don't feel bad for these corporations that decide to alienate a large portion of their customer base.  I for one vote with my $$, if a company doesn't wish to do business with me, so be it.  I personally don't care what an owner, CEO, or President of a corporation personally thinks, or does with his or her money, but when they then make it a business decision, well..Bye.

• Like 1

If it wasn't for gun stuff, I would never go to a big box and even today, rarely.

Gander Mountain was overpriced

The only thing I can ever remember buying at Dick's is the covert carbine tennis racket bag I use. One visit 3 years ago and no recollection of anything prior.

Maybe he'll want to start making money again with the $36 billion divorce settlement plus his investment in her new start up.

Never was, never will be a customer.

You can catch some good ammo deals at Academy and they have a fair selection of general stuff.

Haven't been in a Field and Stream yet.

Bass Pro is fun to visit, but Bud's and Smoky Mountain Knife Works are most convenient for me.

SMKW is becoming my go to for off the shelf ammo. 9mm as cheap as 8.99/50, .380 11.99/50 Plentiful SD in all calibers.

Didn't price it, but looked to have quite of bit of .32 - .327 mag as well.

For gun purchases, I would rather buy from the fine folks peddling their wares in the TGO Trading Post.

Unfortunately, I haven't found a convenient, excellent LGS.

When I was shooting a lot of Sports Clays, DIck's had good sales on shotgun shells on a regular bases but that was about all. Since I'm only getting out a few times a year instead of a few times a month to shoot shotgun, I'm still overstocked and 5+ years since I have been in Dick's. 

Sportsmans Warehouse in Chattanooga is a great place to find some killer instore deals and exclusives...I still my SXAR (heavy barrel camo'd FNAR with Winchester badging) I got for like $800 almost a decade ago and im also starting to like Rural King for similar reasons (and the free coffee and popcorn)...Dicks has some good deals on shoes but otherwise I prefer academy as they don't hate guns.