Have to get a passport

You can download your forms, get your pictures, and then go to a facility to submit it. Or some facilities can do the photo there. Here is a link with all the info. It has a search function that shows you all the facilities in your area and their abilities.

Some Post Offices only do it on certain days and require you to have an appointment; you might want to call.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports.html

Facility Name Street Address City State ZIP Code Public Phone Distance
KNOX COUNTY CLERK - CEDAR BLUFF 1028 OLD CEDAR BLUFF RD. KNOXVILLE TN 37923 8652158504 5
KNOXVILLE GMF WINDOW 1237 E. WEISGARBER RD. KNOXVILLE TN 37950 8655584629 6
ANDERSON COUNTY CLERK 728 EMORY VALLEY RD. OAK RIDGE TN 37830 8654830541 8
OAK RIDGE POST OFFICE 301 S. TULANE AVE. OAK RIDGE TN 37830 8654822750 8
KNOX COUNTY CLERK 300 W. MAIN ST. KNOXVILLE TN 37902 8652152385 11
KNOX COUNTY CLERKS OFFICE 3010 S. MALL ROAD NE KNOXVILLE TN 37917 8657054866 12
KNOX COUNTY CLERK-HALLS OFFICE 7328 NORRIS FREEWAY KNOXVILLE TN 37918 8652153400 13
BLOUNT COUNTY CLERK 345 COURT STREET MARYVILLE TN 37804 8652735800 18
ROANE COUNTY PROBATE COURT 200 E. RACE ST. KINGSTON TN 37763 8653762487 20
LOUDON COUNTY CLERK OF COURT 101 MULBERRY ST #200 LOUDON TN 37774 8654582726 23
UNION COUNTY CLERK 825 MAIN ST. MAYNARDVILLE TN 37807 8659928043 24

Edited by DaveTN
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You can do a form fill questionaire online then just print it. You need cash for the local clerk ($35)  and a Mo or check for the state department ($110). There are more charges to expedite,.$60 for expedited and $16.48 for express shipping. 

This is a link to the page you can get to the form filler and calculate fees.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/apply-renew-passport/form-finder.html

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, A.J. Holst said:

Thanks for all the help - this pace is great!!!

Good news, need it by end of August.

Need to get busy now

Total cooncidence that I knew. I literally filed for ones for the entire family last week. Lol We expect them sometime in May.

Don't forget to check Visa requirements. A lot of countries don't require them if you are staying for X amount of days, but some do.  When work was trying to send me to China, I was going to have to apply for a visa and send them my passport to have it added which would have added to the turn around time.

1 hour ago, Shorty said:

Don't forget to check Visa requirements. A lot of countries don't require them if you are staying for X amount of days, but some do.  When work was trying to send me to China, I was going to have to apply for a visa and send them my passport to have it added which would have added to the turn around time.

We're going to France, hope the yellow jackets are less active on cooler months

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, FUJIMO said:

Where exactly? Normandy is on our to do list :)

Normandy is a must. We went down into the bunkers on the beach and hooked up with a tour guide that told some enlightening stories about Americans that died there. He picked out a few graves and told their stories. One grave he talked about was this guy. Quite a story.