New Ruger PC Carbine Offerings

Garufa

Definitely more attractive than the original!

Interesting... and the rail built into the receiver is neat... serving as an attachment point, it would make a future aftermarket ZK-22 style bullpup conversion kit a rather straightforward thing to design from an engineering point of view...

On 4/14/2019 at 2:21 PM, alleycat72 said:

LOL 

Has to be the ugliest thing I've ever seen, but if it works.........

Yeah...if this is the nicer looking version, the original has to be ugly as sin.

But like you said...if it works, cool.

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 7:16 AM, TomInMN said:

I like the floated handguard versions. They kinda remind me of the ppsh.

Totally looks like a PPSH!!!  so ugly and cool at the same time!  Palmetto had a killer deal last week I think it was $399 delivered...they sold out super fast...it was a blink and you missed it sale.

1 hour ago, Magiccarpetrides said:

Totally looks like a PPSH!!!  so ugly and cool at the same time!  Palmetto had a killer deal last week I think it was $399 delivered...they sold out super fast...it was a blink and you missed it sale.

Right. I was late to the add and all gone. Didn't Need it anyway. lol

• Like 1

I kind of like the FF rail ones, not sure what the price will be.  I do wonder as AR-9 prices go down and options go up, which of these would be a better option.  I do think the Ruger would look nice with a can on the end of it.

Ruger seems mighty proud of their rifles. Can't for the life of me understand why someone would buy a Mini 14 over an AR.  The difference in price is upwards of $200 more for the Mini 14.  

The PC is still a little cheaper than a 9mm AR though.  But not if you build the AR.

14 hours ago, Moped said:

The PC is still a little cheaper than a 9mm AR though.  But not if you build the AR.

Paid $399 (shipped) for a Ruger PC Carbine from Palmetto State Armory earlier this month.  One of the things I really like is that it's essentially a scaled up Ruger 10/22 take-down.  Even the trigger is 80% based on the 10/22.  If you are comfortable with the 10/22 layout (like I am), the PC Carbine feels like a slightly heavier version.  

• Like 1
On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 11:05 PM, billmeek said:

Paid $399 (shipped) for a Ruger PC Carbine from Palmetto State Armory earlier this month.  One of the things I really like is that it's essentially a scaled up Ruger 10/22 take-down.  Even the trigger is 80% based on the 10/22.  If you are comfortable with the 10/22 layout (like I am), the PC Carbine feels like a slightly heavier version.  

hows the trigger on it...that's one of the things besides self restraint that held me back.

I have an older non takedown 40 caliber also. Broke the ejector and sent it back to Ruger. They repaired it for free,  even though I was not the original purchaser. Sent it back to me on their dime. Can't beat their customer service, IMO. 

• Like 1
On 4/18/2019 at 7:50 AM, Moped said:

Ruger seems mighty proud of their rifles. Can't for the life of me understand why someone would buy a Mini 14 over an AR.  The difference in price is upwards of $200 more for the Mini 14.  

The PCC is far more reliable out of the box than most 9mm ARs, especially the parts / budget versions. 

I remember reaming about 7 or 8 short-chambered barrels for owners of PSA AR-9s after the owners saw crumpled loaded cartridges coming out of the chamber.  Then there's the issue of finding a buffer system that you can live with that won't beat your trigger to death.   One fellow I shoot with has been through about 3 broken Hiperfire triggers with his AR-9.  

The PCC can also handle very light 9mm loads, which is useful if you're doing steel matches with it.   I got down to about 2.4 grains of Titegroup behind a 115 gr bullet before it wouldn't cycle reliably.  

It isn't often I get really enthused about a new rifle but Ruger did so many things right with this gun that I am a huge fan of them.  Now the Mini-14 is still an expensive, inaccurate turd when you put it against a $400 AR.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, ken_mays said:

Now the Mini-14 is still an expensive, inaccurate turd when you put it against a $400 AR.

Totally agree with this.  I actually like the PCC and would consider purchasing one down the road. My next want is really a .357 or .44 mag lever gun though.

Probably much cheaper to get the PCC, now that I think about it.

On 4/25/2019 at 9:38 AM, Magiccarpetrides said:

hows the trigger on it...that's one of the things besides self restraint that held me back.

Sorry for the delay in responding.  The trigger on mine is good.  Since it's 80% of a 10/22 trigger, it shouldn't be hard to modify if necessary to clean up or lighten the trigger pull.

• Like 1