Gun rattle can paint jobs

1 hour ago, 1fast4by said:

I've never been brave enough. Nothing I would do could turn out that good, looks good.

Thank you!

I’m sure you would surprise yourself. You’ll never know till you try it. Easy enough to fix if you don’t like the way something turned out though. 

Edited by rugerla1
26 minutes ago, alleycat72 said:

20190406_192910_zps3hrp1dwx.jpg

I sat mine down in the field last night a turned around for a moment. When I turned back I was a bit worried for a moment. AR 10 308

Haha yeah have to be careful not to camouflage it from yourself!

Looks good!

Well I got the Freedom Stencil pack out that I ordered a while ago. I had absolutely no idea what order or color would be first or last I jus went to town on it. I actually decided half way through it that I’d leave olive drab as the final coat but changed right at the end and went with Camo Khaki. I think it turned out pretty nice! The Rem 700 on the right is already posted in this thread but I wanted to compare them. The rifle on the left is the one I just painted and it’s a Savage 110 Tactical Desert edition chambered in 6.5 Creed. 

xERz9In.jpg

FUuFNKh.jpg

Edited by rugerla1
  • 1 month later...

If you want to add another rattle can method to your collection, you can work wonders with fishnet stockings for a snake skin... Just don't tell your wife you used them. lol..

Here is one I did on a build quite awhile ago. Sold it since. 

016.JPG

• Like 2
  • 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If you guys want a great, bullet proof clear coat option check out SprayMax 2K clear coat. I've used the glossy on a motorcycle and a number of other things. I use the matte on guns and it holds up extremely well. It's a true auto clear coat with the hardener. It's the best you're going to find anywhere. It's pricey and the can will harden up 24hrs after you puncture the hardener and shake the can so I usually wait until I have a few things to paint

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • 5 months later...

Adding another paint job to the thread. Picked up a solid black Magpul Stock for my Savage 110. I liked the Accustock okay, no real complaints, same for the camo job on it. But I like this Magpul stock better and I like the paint scheme better as well. 
KYoOJHs.jpg

7lxXQW9.jpg

It’s Sunday morning and I got time to paint the barrel and break up the scope outline as well a little bit. This is how I wanted it to look from the beginning so I’m really happy with it!

0iG7u9r.jpg
EaKlRdh.jpg

Edited by rugerla1
  • Like 5
10 minutes ago, NoBanStan said:

Nice job man, I really dig that pattern. Did you sponge that on?

Thank you. Yes I did. 
 Alcohol wiped, dusted with gray primer (looks like green on the rifle), big sponge for light tan, medium sponge for dark earth brown, and medium sponge for black last.

Edited by rugerla1