Berettas APX Carry (new pistol)

tercel89

I am a big Beretta fan but I gotta say that I am not impressed. A slim 9mm with more moving parts than a Glock 43 . Plus the end of the gun seems like it would print more than the Glock 43. I say this because I am comparing it to the G43 I own. I like it but not enough to go spend money on it AT THIS TIME. What are your thoughts ? I will add that in my opinion , One of the good things that sets it apart from the S&W Shield is that the rear sights doesn't hold down the striker safety plunger. I detail strip my pistols annually so it makes a difference to me.

Edited by tercel89

Got a chance to hold one just after they started shipping. I was at Sumner gun trying to harass our buddy Steelharp.

Felt ok. Nothing that set it off from the PPQ, HKVP, or any other poly pistol I own or have owned. Seemed pretty well put together, finish was good, and cycling was average to good. 

Trigger didn't overly impress me though. Still prefer my PPQ and Canik triggers to anything else I've handled yet.

My personal, totally unprofessional opinion is that it's a decent pistol, on the high end of what it is.

All in all, for me...I'll keep my others. The APX just doesn't reach out and grab my attention.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Is the APX carry marked "Gallatin" 

This story says the standard APX is being made in Gallatin. Is that correct? Wikipedia says its made in Italy.

https://www.wkrn.com/news/gallatin-police-officers-now-outfitted-with-beretta-apx-pistols_20180326033007701/1077095261

City leaders say when Beretta opened up its manufacturing facility in Gallatin, switching to the hometown-made firearm seemed like a logical choice.

• Administrator

I had a chance to hold the APX Comapct and the APX Carry at NRAAM.   The smaller of the two (the Carry) had a terrible trigger on it.  The larger Compact model wasn't as bad but still nowhere near as good as it should be.

Pics and comments here on the Shooters Nation IG feed...