Any audiophiles, TV/Electronics geeks here?

DaveTN

I know this is a long shot, but you just never know what this forum is capable of. :)

Is there a Home Entertainment system that can drive Bluetooth headphones and speakers at the same time, and has a DVD player built in?

My Father uses Bluetooth headphones while watching TV. Everyone else in the room is listening through the TV speakers. I added a separate Bluetooth transmitter on a Samsung TV (TV does not have Bluetooth) to do that plugged into the Digital Optical port.

Now my sister wants to add a soundbar so that my Mom can hear the TV better.

My dad is getting new hearing aids with an optional device that allows Bluetooth operation. (I don’t know what they are yet)

The equipment he is using is:

1. 55” Samsung UN55NU6900BXZA. It has Wi-Fi, but not Bluetooth. It’s I/O’s are: HDMI 1, HDMI 2 (ARC), Digital Audio Out (Optical), LAN, USB.

2. “MEE Connect Universal Dual Headphone Bluetooth Wireless Audio Transmitter for TV” is plugged into the Digital Audio Out of the TV.

3. Xfinity X1 TV Main Box is connected to HDMI 1.

I tried using the MEE Device to drive the Bluetooth headphones and a soundbar both. It would drive one or the other, but not both. I contacted MEE support. They were quick to respond, but when I gave them the information they said my devices were probably incompatible with their product. They said they would check with their engineers and get back to me; they never did.

So my goal would be to buy one device that can handle the Audio from the Xfinity box, drive the speakers and headphones at the same time, and play a DVD.   

Thanks for any help.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Ronald_55 said:

Does the TV not have a standard "headphone" jack? If so you possibly could run the sound bar wired off of it and the headphones Bluetooth.

The DVD and xfinity box sound should come out however the TV is set to play audio.

No, no headphone jack.

I like that Bluetooth headphones for the half deaf old man idea.... 

Does the Bluetooth transmitter only permit one connected device at a time?  Sometimes there's a setting that allows multiple devices.

There's also such a thing as an optical audio splitter so you could add a 2nd transmitter. 

54 minutes ago, peejman said:

Does the Bluetooth transmitter only permit one connected device at a time?  Sometimes there's a setting that allows multiple devices.

It was advertised as two devices. But didn't work for me....

I tried using the MEE Device to drive the Bluetooth headphones and a soundbar both. It would drive one or the other, but not both. I contacted MEE support. They were quick to respond, but when I gave them the information they said my devices were probably incompatible with their product. They said they would check with their engineers and get back to me; they never did.