upper tier 1911s

gfd_703

All. I am looking to make a gun shopping loop through Middle Tennessee South of Nashville this Saturday. Does anyone have any recommendations for stores that stock Dan Wesson, Night Hawk, Wilson, Ed Brown or others like these. I would really like to put my hands on a Wilson EDC X9 if possible. I'm just tired of looking at the same old guns if you know what I mean. 

The only dealer Wilson lists in Tennessee is Franklin Gun Shop, you might want to call them to see what they have. Or you might want to check if Wilson sells direct from their facility in Berryville, AR.

The Outpost Armory in Murfreesboro might be worth a call to see if they have anything you would like to see.

I order most of my guns online because unless you are looking for an M&P, Glock or something standard like that; there just isn't much in this area that has them in stock.

Maybe others have some ideas...

Franklin Gun Shop L.L.C.

1214 Lakeview Dr

Franklin, TN 37067,

Phone: (615) 599-5562

mail@franklingunshop.com

http://www.FranklinGunShop.com

Wilson Combat® & Scattergun Technologies™

2452 CR 719

Berryville, AR 72616

Order Toll Free: 1-800-955-4856

Technical Questions: 1-870-545-3618

Fax: 1-870-545-3310

Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 AM to 4:30 PM

https://www.wilsoncombat.com/

The Outpost Armory

5435 Miller Lane

Christiana, TN 37037

615-867-6789

https://www.theoutpostarmory.com/

• Like 1
On 4/18/2019 at 10:50 AM, KahrMan said:

You might want to check out Royal Range in Bellevue.  I know they several Ed Browns and some other high end 1911's but can't remember which ones.

https://www.royalrangeusa.com

ROYAL RANGE USA 

7741 HIGHWAY 70 SOUTH, NASHVILLE, TN, 37221  

(615) 646-9333  RETAIL@ROYALRANGEUSA.COM

I was there a couple weeks ago, and I believe there were 6 in a display. Might be more in counters. Had a nice bobbed Wilson. Don't remember which model though. 

Edited by hipower

Yeah I see the one in the classified add but  at this time I just want to hold one and see if it is what I want to save for. 3 Dan Wessons in 2 months is stretching the budget. I would not ask someone with one for sale to show me theirs knowing I am not in the position to purchase. 

5 hours ago, gfd_703 said:

Yeah I see the one in the classified add but  at this time I just want to hold one and see if it is what I want to save for. 3 Dan Wessons in 2 months is stretching the budget. I would not ask someone with one for sale to show me theirs knowing I am not in the position to purchase. 

You decide to get rid of one of those DW I know a guy who might be interested ... 😎

Having owned Browns and Baers, I’ll vote for Dan Wesson, to ME they are a better value. The Dan Wesson’s of late have been Fabulous!! I cannot speak for WC, but hear nothing but good, albeit expensive.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. I got to look at some yesterday. The way I saw them is Baer has a superb finish for the price, STI just not what I am looking for, didn't see any Browns, Wilson's are nice but expensive, Nighthawk was impressive but couldn't find one with the new optic cut. For me the Wessons have a lot going for them for the price. The only thing I fell for was a Wilson EDC X9. I got to hold a couple and although nice the trigger is not as good as my Wessons. Fit and finish was good but not Baer smooth. What got me was the feel in the hand and capacity. I appreciate the store that had the Wilson in stock letting me look but being $200 over list and getting but hurt and walking off when I said I would have to save up for one of these took purchasing one from them off the table. Wife had picked out a $500 gun she had been looking for and I was going to buy it for her but they didn't want to waste any more time on us so we left empty handed. Does everyone in Franklin just drop $3000+ on the counter in 5 minutes on a weapon they had just held for  the first time without a little research? Oh well I will say again I do appreciate them letting me look. All said it was a productive rainy day. 

2 hours ago, gfd_703 said:

Does everyone in Franklin just drop $3000+ on the counter in 5 minutes on a weapon they had just held for  the first time without a little research? 

No, I would guess they don’t sell a lot of them. I would need to see any $3K 1911 out shoot a standard ~$1K 1911 from any of the big boys. Don’t get me wrong I’m all about a gun looking good as well as being accurate. But most of them don’t look any better or even as good as a S&W, Kimber, Springfield, Etc. I’d rather have one quality 1911 and a couple of other guns, than one with someone’s name on the side of it that use to build custom guns.

I think they did you a favor. You already have a Compact 1911 in 9MM. Now drop a grand in a quality full size .45 1911 and head to the range. I think you will be a happy guy, with an extra $2k in his pocket. But hey, I could be wrong. :)

• Like 1
4 hours ago, gfd_703 said:

Does everyone in Franklin just drop $3000+ on the counter in 5 minutes on a weapon they had just held for  the first time without a little research? Oh well I will say again I do appreciate them letting me look. All said it was a productive rainy day. 

Franklin Gun Shop is well know for their high, take it or leave it prices. Great place to look at guns but getting a fair deal can be a challenge. It can be done but it should be easier than it is. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, KahrMan said:

Franklin Gun Shop is well know for their high, take it or leave it prices. Great place to look at guns but getting a fair deal can be a challenge. It can be done but it should be easier than it is. 

It might be worth a drive to Royal Range.  Their prices have been fair on each of the guns I've purchased from them.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, tnhawk said:

It might be worth a drive to Royal Range.  Their prices have been fair on each of the guns I've purchased from them.

I live just a few minutes from them. I have been buying from them since they opened. They have always been fair. 

• Like 1