Ruger Wrangler

Capbyrd

I expect this is be a very big success. I’ve never been a fan of single action revolvers, but at under $200; I might give one a try.

Good for Ruger.

Single Action, Aluminum alloy, Cerakote.  Already being offered at $199 on a pre-order so the price will probably drop even lower.

21 hours ago, Capbyrd said:

Looks like Ruger is going budget to compete with the Heritage Rough Rider

Ha, Ha, Ha, that was exactly my first thought when I saw the email today.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, hughd said:

Noticed the one Jeff was shooting is missing some Cerakote on the left side of the frame. Makes me wonder how duriable the finish will be.

I noticed that as well and had the exact same thought.

And 20 years down the road people will be saying "Ruger is a good gun, except for those Wranglers, they're kind of junky." 

The Heritage is what it is, I own one, and it's not a bad gun.  But, I wouldn't put my Heritage up against a Single Six.  Although I can appreciate nice guns, they sit in the safe, while my Heritage and SKS, get thrown on the four wheeler or tractor and actually used.  

• Like 1

I've mentioned before that my beat up old hands just don't work with the traditional SA style revolver. Not only do I not shoot one worth a hoot, the trigger guard beats the crap out of my knuckle. I've owned a number of Ruger and Colt style centerfire single actions over the years and ended up selling them all.  :shake:

I have given thought to getting a .22 single action just to see if that'll work. The Wrangler seems to be a good gun and the price is cheap enough. I just might give it a try. Although I'd really prefer adjustable sights. We'll see what happens if I can get one in my hand.