Ruger Wrangler

Capbyrd

11 hours ago, E4 No More said:

The problem is that by the time you pay transfer fees it's not a good deal. :( 

$35 for the "local" FFL and $0 Tax. $215 seems fairly good to me. If your local store had it in stock at the same price wouldn't it only be about $7 less?

RUGER WRANGLER 22LR BLACK - $179.99 (Free S/H on Firearms)

Edited by hughd
5 hours ago, Pickaroon said:

The big question is do they shoot straight w/o any windage adjustment?

That would probably be negative.  But single actions have been around so long that just about everyone that's been around firearms, know how to adjust one out.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Can't say much about quality comparison betwen Ruger and Heritage as I don't have the experience to talk about that.

I can say Heritages a lot better looking (my opinion) and more choices in style.

They also have more choices in size - 4 1/2 inch, 6 inch, and even a 16 inch. Plus MAG Cylinders for extra $30.  

Prices vary from $99 to $119, to ($139 or $169 for the dual cylinder). Depends on where you shop. Smky Mtn Gun & AMMO has a bunch in stock and marked down ($99 / $114 for some and think I saw $139 for one with the MAG included). They eben had one of the 16 inch (don't recall the price on it).  

I will go with the Heritage (looks, price, model choices, etc.) despite the fact I get some (I repeat some) keyholing out of my 4 1/2 inch 22LR Heritage (I don't have the MAG Cylinder, so shoot 22LR only). It seems to do better with lower velocity AMMO (less than 1150fps - discovered that one day when shooting with a friend looking at keyholes and switched to some 710 FPS and had no keyholes). Heritage said should shoot anything up to 1300 something). 

All in all - single six is jut sort of a fun (cowboy) thing the way I see it. Load and unload like the cowboys (except in movies when they just keep shooting). 

34 minutes ago, PAULSHOOT said:

Can't say much about quality comparison betwen Ruger and Heritage as I don't have the experience to talk about that.

I can say Heritages a lot better looking (my opinion) and more choices in style.

They also have more choices in size - 4 1/2 inch, 6 inch, and even a 16 inch. Plus MAG Cylinders for extra $30.  

Prices vary from $99 to $119, to ($139 or $169 for the dual cylinder). Depends on where you shop. Smky Mtn Gun & AMMO has a bunch in stock and marked down ($99 / $114 for some and think I saw $139 for one with the MAG included). They eben had one of the 16 inch (don't recall the price on it).  

I will go with the Heritage (looks, price, model choices, etc.) despite the fact I get some (I repeat some) keyholing out of my 4 1/2 inch 22LR Heritage (I don't have the MAG Cylinder, so shoot 22LR only). It seems to do better with lower velocity AMMO (less than 1150fps - discovered that one day when shooting with a friend looking at keyholes and switched to some 710 FPS and had no keyholes). Heritage said should shoot anything up to 1300 something). 

All in all - single six is jut sort of a fun (cowboy) thing the way I see it. Load and unload like the cowboys (except in movies when they just keep shooting). 

The stupid safety on the heritage is the MAJOR downside.  

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Safety is not a big deal (For Me) and if you have it on and drop the gun, gun hits on it's hammer (No Problem).  And don't have to do the 19th century trick - Load one skip one then load four more (and only have 5 to shoot, I rather have 6). :-) 

Or, guess you can set hammer on the first latch point and hope if you drop it, it will not go off. 

For Me (defined) -- I just target shoot it, it's not a defense gun.  

• Like 1
On 8/31/2019 at 10:17 PM, PAULSHOOT said:

"Safety is not a big deal (For Me) and if you have it on and drop the gun, gun hits on it's hammer (No Problem).  And don't have to do the 19th century trick - Load one skip one then load four more (and only have 5 to shoot, I rather have 6). 🙂

Or, guess you can set hammer on the first latch point and hope if you drop it, it will not go off. 

For Me (defined) -- I just target shoot it, it's not a defense gun."  

The safety was not a big deal to me either and I didn't use it until I dropped the gun and shot myself.  I make sure it is on now and I appreciate the option.  

Edited by osbornk
2 hours ago, osbornk said:

The safety was not a big deal to me either and I didn't use it until I dropped the gun and shot myself.  I make sure it is on now and I appreciate the option.  

It happens that way a lot. I know a guy who is alive today because of a magazine disconnect. One of the best inventions ever….for that guy. I like em.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/25/2019 at 10:22 PM, hughd said:

$35 for the "local" FFL and $0 Tax. $215 seems fairly good to me. If your local store had it in stock at the same price wouldn't it only be about $7 less?

RUGER WRANGLER 22LR BLACK - $179.99 (Free S/H on Firearms)

Lot of discussions about FFL Fees.

Another thing you have to consider is Sales Tax.

EXAMPLESs:

Buy in store, pay sales tax and background check. 

Buy online and ship FREE (generally). 

Maybe NO Sales Tax (depends). Will have FFL Fee and Background Check.

BTW, buy online from BUDS in KY and ship to BUDS in TN (No Sales tax and No FFL Fee, just background). However, I see BUDS Online price is often higher than in store.  

Background check regardless where you buy (store or online). So all there is to compare is Price and SALES TAX  VS FFL Fee - THEN DECIDE. 

Just have to add it all up. 

PS: Good deal around here (Sevierville, TN) is Smoky Mtn Gun & AMMO ($10 FFL Fee and $10 Background = $20 Total).  BUDS is $25 total. 

9 hours ago, PAULSHOOT said:

Another thing you have to consider is Sales Tax.

Tax is a non-issue; there is no such thing as NO TAX. You are responsible for paying the state sales tax on your on-line purchases.

Like all other laws; ignorance of the law is not an excuse. Here is the link if you have questions…

https://revenue.support.tn.gov/hc/en-us/articles/203823799-Who-owes-the-consumer-use-tax-

If Tennessee sales tax is added to the purchase price, use tax is not owed. However, if merchandise is bought through the internet, over the telephone, from mail-order catalogs, etc., and sales tax is not added to the price, the purchaser is responsible for paying use tax directly to the Department of Revenue. Also, Tennessee residents who travel outside the state and purchase untaxed merchandise that is shipped to their homes in Tennessee are liable for use tax.

Will you get caught? Who knows. I got a tax bill from the state with penalties. Luckily the penalties were very minor; but it was a bill I wasn’t expecting. :)

On 9/25/2019 at 9:03 AM, E4 No More said:

I've wondered what kind of pressure On Target and Gunmart were going to feel from Sportsmen's Warehouse opening so close to them. I guess we're going to see soon enough. 

This will be pressure for On-Target.

• 4 months later...
On 8/21/2019 at 1:33 PM, E4 No More said:

Sportsmen's Warehouse in Murfreesboro has them at $199.99. They gave me 10% off for proving that I was a veteran with my VA card.

That's good to know. It pays the tax.

I was going to post that GAG has these for $169.99, but it looks like they are easy to find a deal on most anywhere.

Edited by DaveTN
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone got hands on one of these yet?

A buddy of mine up in Indiana has bought 4 for himself, wife & 2 boys so far & claims that they shoot as well as his Single Six. Grips are interchangeable, so custom mods in that area are super simple. He says that only 1 of his 4 HASN'T shot to point of aim at 15yds, the one that's off shots a couple of inches high, but plumb center.

I still can't wait to get hold of one.

Edited by robtattoo
Basic retardation.....
45 minutes ago, robtattoo said:

Anyone got hands on one of these yet?

A buddy of mine up in Indiana has bought 4 for himself, wife & 2 boys so far & claims that they shoot as well as his Single Six. Grips are interchangeable, so custom mods in that area are super simple. He says that only 1 of his 4 HASN'T shot to point of aim at 15yds, the one that's off shots a couple of inches high, but plumb center.

I still can't wait to get hold of one.

I have one but I got it to load shot shells for shooting Carpenter Bees, snakes, and rodents so I can't attest to bullet accuracy.

2 hours ago, DaveTN said:

Everyone has them. Go get one and do a review for us.

We will hurry up and wait right here.

Sigh, unfortunately the government says no 😢

I'm stuck in an immigration limbo right now & according to the letter of the law, I can't complete a 4473 (long story, nothing sketchy, I just no longer have one of the required details)

The law says I may still buy & possess firearms, but the form itself disagrees!

51 minutes ago, robtattoo said:

Sigh, unfortunately the government says no 😢

I'm stuck in an immigration limbo right now & according to the letter of the law, I can't complete a 4473 (long story, nothing sketchy, I just no longer have one of the required details)

The law says I may still buy & possess firearms, but the form itself disagrees!

To help a brother out I'd resell you mine. I've only shot a cylinder full of shot shells through it since I bought it on my birthday last August 21st. I can always get another one.

• Like 3