Chiappa double badger

xsubsailor

2 hours ago, hughd said:

I can't believe these have been around for five plus years... Definitely easier on the eyes than the Savage.

From a Savage Model 24 owner..I take offense to that. Lol

Despite the crappy lighting, I think my Model.24 is quite nice. Of course it is a .30-30 over 20ga. I find that more versitile than the .22/.410 models. 

spacer.png

Just like the Hatfield shotguns, I am not sure I am keen on a folding gun. I think these are Italian and the Hatfield is Turkish though.

Edited by Ronald_55
  • Like 3

I have actually, yes.

The .22 barrel was pleasantly accurate at 50yds with CCI mini mags, however the shotgun barrel threw a pattern at 25yds you could moonwalk through.

Triggers were good, action was 'break over my knee' stiff.

It wasn't my gun & it kinda put me off making one mine.

2½/5 stars.

I only tried it because I ALWAYS wanted a Savage 24 for small game in .22mag/20ga & the new plastic version is just...eew. Like........eew.

Edited by robtattoo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, robtattoo said:

I have actually, yes.

The .22 barrel was pleasantly accurate at 50yds with CCI mini mags, however the shotgun barrel threw a pattern at 25yds you could moonwalk through.

Triggers were good, action was 'break over my knee' stiff.

It wasn't my gun & it kinda put me off making one mine.

2½/5 stars.

I only tried it because I ALWAYS wanted a Savage 24 for small game in .22mag/20ga & the new plastic version is just...eew. Like........eew.

If you can live with .22lr instead of mag, watch for a Stevens Model .22-.410. It is the model that turned into the Savage 24. Little less folowing than the 24. Post-war stocks are Tenite, but the one I have feels nice. Pre-war is wood, but they are kind a rare to be around in any decent shape...and be for sale. 

I am still on the hunt for a .357 mag/ 20 or 12ga I can afford. 

I agree the new model (model 42) is uuuuuggggllllyyyyy! Only comes in 22lr and .22mag over .410 I think too. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

Might be the closest you get.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/804065508

Though was the origional not in .22 Hornet?

I don't know.   They made them in a lot of calibers.  I want 22lr though.   

And that one is way overpriced.  They sell for about 650.  I've seen them nearly new with accessories for 800.   If I ever get around to spending the money on one, it will be one of the CZ marked units.