Taurus G2C

swiley383

Have been at Taurus G2C for my wife’s EDC anybody have any experience with these good or bad? She finally agreed to start carrying so doing a little research on this gun. I like the 12 rounds capacity just just not sure about the Taurus brand. We are going today to let her put her hand on a few different ones like the shield and maybe a G26 or a Sig. I really like the price of the Taurus but if it won’t work when needed it not a deal.

I received a 9MM G2C in exchange for a first generation 24/7 Pro DS (40c) that had extraction issues and was subject to the Taurus Carter settlement.  So far, I've only put twenty (20) rounds through it.  The good news is that I didn't have any problems with those rounds.  Hopefully I'll have a chance to put more rounds down range soon.

She should definitely handle several candidates before she selects one.  It would be even better if she can find some candidates to borrow or rent.  She might discover how they shot affects her choice.

After looking around today she did not like the G2c or the shield and p365. So far she is really leaning towards the Glock 43x. She also handled a Rugar LCP9 and a Walter PPQ but kept going back to the G43X. I found a used LCP9 with a really good price and 6 mags but she didn’t like how it felt. s long as it’s something she like and will carry I am OK paying extra plus we all know how well Glocks run. 

7 hours ago, swiley383 said:

After looking around today she did not like the G2c or the shield and p365. So far she is really leaning towards the Glock 43x. She also handled a Rugar LCP9 and a Walter PPQ but kept going back to the G43X. I found a used LCP9 with a really good price and 6 mags but she didn’t like how it felt. s long as it’s something she like and will carry I am OK paying extra plus we all know how well Glocks run.

This.

And if you can, get her some trigger time on any gun she's serious about before you buy it. If she doesn't enjoy shooting it enough to practice with it, it'll be that much more difficult for her to use it if she's confused, terrified and (likely) having an adrenaline response. Though I hope she never finds herself in a situation to need to use it.

Ok, I just have to comment.

Don't be cheap! Buy her the 43X. She likes it. She will carry and use it. Hopefully, but try to get her to shoot one first. 

1 PPQ...I love mine, but I personally feel it's to large.

2 LCP9...I feel that the first time she fires it will be the last. I've owned 2 of them. Harsh, loud, and the heaviest recoil of any small frame 9 I've owned. 

3 43X...it's a Glock. Proven track record, at least on the name, and I have no doubt about this one.

4 G2c...Buy the 43x. See above #3. Yes I do own several Taurus guns, and I do like them.

As the owner of all these, at one time or another, and a multiple Shield owner...I personally feel the 43X to be the best choice.

I tried to pick my wife's. I didn't work. She likes the Smith 351PD in 22mag. I used it to replace a 416 in 22lr. Little more potent I think. 

She likes it. Light and easy for her to manipulate. Didn't like my auto-loader choices.

I learned...the expensive way. But on the upside, I have a couple of small pistols I like. lol

OK...my personal opinions...nothing more.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, felinesNfreedom said:

Hi power got it right. Buy her what she likes. The 43X is the superior firearm out of everything you listed.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. lol

BUT...I'm not sure I'd say it's the superior firearm of the OP's list. I gotta be argumentative.

Just the best in my opinion for the lady.😇

• Like 1
15 hours ago, hipower said:

Thanks for the vote of confidence. lol

BUT...I'm not sure I'd say it's the superior firearm of the OP's list. I gotta be argumentative.

Just the best in my opinion for the lady.😇

Come on now, there is not a better gun on that list :)

BUT... You want her to like the gun because if she does not like it she will not carry it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2019 at 10:47 AM, swiley383 said:

Have been at Taurus G2C for my wife’s EDC anybody have any experience with these good or bad? She finally agreed to start carrying so doing a little research on this gun. I like the 12 rounds capacity just just not sure about the Taurus brand. We are going today to let her put her hand on a few different ones like the shield and maybe a G26 or a Sig. I really like the price of the Taurus but if it won’t work when needed it not a deal.

As they say --- she has to decide.

My comment is on the TAURUS G2C. I don't own one, but do own a TAURUS Millennium G2 (basically same gun with out the lock device). I think that would make the trigger take up less scratchy. Mine is much better since I took the firing pin out and cleaned it up, I feel one little click on take up and none after the first shot (reset is very good).  

Anyway, my G2 has been very reliable and guess at least 1000 rounds since bought in 2016. Typically, every time I go to the range I shoot a lot of 22 pistols (cheaper AMMO at around 3 or 4 cent a round). Then shoot the 9MM G2 say 20 or 30 rounds (practice more of a move a step or two, draw, rack, and point/aim at targets vs sight finding target shooting. 

PS: I was not an experienced pistol shooter in 2015 when I bought a 22 pistol Ruger SR22). Then got the TAURUS 9MM G2 in 2016. Considering my lack of knowledge (grip and trigger pull) I could not hit any place close to the target (say mostly low and left by 8 or more inches at 15 feet. 

It was not the gun - it was me. Much better now (not engineering competition, but feel much more confident). 

PSS; I just feel at $189 to $199 and a$25 to $30 Rebate in affect now), it is the gun for me vs some $500 pistol.    

• 3 weeks later...

Well she got the 43x picked it up Friday and shot about 50 rounds thru it 20 of witch she let me shoot. She likes a lot and so do I. A lit more snappy than my g19 gen4 but not a lot. Currently holster shopping. Most likely going with a alien gear for now. She is not ready to get her CCW but just want it in the car( baby steps) .

frid

• Like 1
12 hours ago, swiley383 said:

Well she got the 43x picked it up Friday and shot about 50 rounds thru it 20 of witch she let me shoot. She likes a lot and so do I. A lit more snappy than my g19 gen4 but not a lot. Currently holster shopping. Most likely going with a alien gear for now. She is not ready to get her CCW but just want it in the car( baby steps) .

If she is carrying it in the car I would recommend a leather holster that completely covers the trigger area and has a thumb break.

It’s a semi-auto striker fired pistol, if anything bumps that trigger its going to fire.

15 hours ago, swiley383 said:

Ordered a crossbreed she found one liked not sure when it will be here. Dug trough my holster stash and found one that sorta fits so she is hey that for now.

Tell her not to leave it in the car; it will melt.

• Haha 1