Glock 19x

willis68

I honestly thought that this would be the only stock Glock that I would not put sights on as they are steel night sights, however after shooting it for the first time I have realized that I have been spoiled by the Trigicon HD sights I have on my other Glocks and these simply will not do, I ordered an Orange front HD XR set that my MGW Sight Pro will take me 5 minutes to do, I also ordered 3 Factory 19 round magazines and a Vickers tool plug to replace the lanyard plug,  this should be all the upgrades that I will do, I ran about 55 rounds through it as fast as I could and the pistol felt excellent in my hand and I really liked the trigger 

I am glad I picked this up I honestly do not understand the hate for it that I have seen on the web, in my opinion this pistol should have won the MHS contract hands down

• Like 1

I think the hate comes from it just being a Glock.  Glocks are boring. ARs have ruined the way people view firearms.  Everyone wants a tinker toy gun now. 

I own a Glock 17  Gen 2 (?) that I bought new back in 1990.  Gave it to my wife, because that was the pistol she learned to shoot with and the only one she likes.  I guess I should say I "owned" a Glock 17. :)

4 hours ago, Moped said:

I think the hate comes from it just being a Glock.  Glocks are boring. ARs have ruined the way people view firearms.  Everyone wants a tinker toy gun now. 

I own a Glock 17  Gen 2 (?) that I bought new back in 1990.  Gave it to my wife, because that was the pistol she learned to shoot with and the only one she likes.  I guess I should say I "owned" a Glock 17. :)

Willis is just like that. :) He could get his old bones across town in a Toyota too, but that ain't how he rolls.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, Moped said:

I get it once upon a time I was a 1911 guy and hated Glocks but I went to the dark side and I don’t think I will ever return!

Edited by willis68
  • Like 1
40 minutes ago, willis68 said:

I get it once upon a time I was a 1911 guy and hated Glocks but I went to the dark side and I don’t think I will ever return!

I too, cut my teeth on the 1911a1 in the Army, but about 4 years ago, I traded away my last 1911 and moved to a M&P .45ACP compact, because I felt it was time to move to a more modern platform.  To say I disliked the M&P was an understatement.  So I found a guy with Springfield XDs with a lot of goodies to trade it too.  I'm very happy with the XDs!!!  

But lately, I found that I'd like to have another 1911.  So one day, I will buy another one.  But that day is not today!  Because I won a Harvey's Auction for a Matte Black Taurus M44 Tracker . 44 Mag.  It will be going in lay-a-way at Harveys till I get it paid off. :)

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Moped said:

I too, cut my teeth on the 1911a1 in the Army, but about 4 years ago, I traded away my last 1911 and moved to a M&P .45ACP compact, because I felt it was time to move to a more modern platform.  To say I disliked the M&P was an understatement.  So I found a guy with Springfield XDs with a lot of goodies to trade it too.  I'm very happy with the XDs!!!  

But lately, I found that I'd like to have another 1911.  So one day, I will buy another one.  But that day is not today!  Because I won a Harvey's Auction for a Matte Black Taurus M44 Tracker . 44 Mag.  It will be going in lay-a-way at Harveys till I get it paid off. :)

I don't like the M&P's either. I had a full size .45 that had a terrible trigger. I had a 9mm compact that would release the magazine on its own accord. Even got a new mag release from S&W and still had the problem. :( 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, SWJewellTN said:

I don't like the M&P's either. I had a full size .45 that had a terrible trigger. I had a 9mm compact that would release the magazine on its own accord. Even got a new mag release from S&W and still had the problem. :( 

I have an M&P 2.0 9mm along with a carry package made by TT leather, and while I absolutely love the Apex Flat facing trigger and the Yellow Trigicon HD sights, I tend to shoot my Glocks much more accurate for the life of me I can’t figure out why so I never carry it and only carry my Glocks now 

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Sidecarist said:

Im the opposite. I cant seem to shoot glocks well. I tried and failed several times.

I was and am still a sig guy, but have had great luck with the M&P 2.0. If it needs a new home I promise it wont be lonely....

Edited by willis68
3 minutes ago, Magiccarpetrides said:

I actually like the M&P's quite a bit...I got a Gen 1 MP40 Atlanta Police Gun ...shoots quite well and the ergo's fit my hand great...a bit too big to carry but great as a range or nightstand'er

Honestly if I did not shoot the Glocks so much over the years, if my M&P compact was my first gun that size I probably would never picked up a Glock, the ergonomics are amazing on my compact much more than my 19 Glocks are but I am so use to them that they are second nature to me 

I never thought I would say this but I think I will bypass a Glock 45 and get a second 19x down the road, I absolutely love that pistol and now that I have it set up the way I like it truly for me anyway is Glock perfection 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, willis68 said:

I never thought I would say this but I think I will bypass a Glock 45 and get a second 19x down the road, I absolutely love that pistol and now that I have it set up the way I like it truly for me anyway is Glock perfection 

When I first saw the ads for these, I thought why would one want a full size frame with a G19 slide? I just got a chance to hold one today and wow, it really felt balanced and the finish was nicer than I had imagined.

22 minutes ago, Coyote said:

When I first saw the ads for these, I thought why would one want a full size frame with a G19 slide? I just got a chance to hold one today and wow, it really felt balanced and the finish was nicer than I had imagined.

You and me and nearly everyone else I know, I did not think I would like it enough to warrant keeping one after getting it, now I feel the need for 2

• 2 weeks later...

The 19x and the 45 is Glock’s version of the 4.25/4 inch “Commander” 1911s.I too have wanted one of them since they were announced.The balance is perfect and since I have a 17 and a 34 I won’t have to buy different mags.

• Like 1

I'm 49 and I just bought my first Glock. A 19x only because I got it like new for $400. It's the only Glock that's ever felt decent and it shoots good. Mainly I bought it so I don't beat up my 1911s at work or if heaven forbid,I have to use it in self defense and the police take it. I still can't bring myself to carry it with one in the chamber though. 

49 minutes ago, hornett22 said:

I'm 49 and I just bought my first Glock. A 19x only because I got it like new for $400. It's the only Glock that's ever felt decent and it shoots good. Mainly I bought it so I don't beat up my 1911s at work or if heaven forbid,I have to use it in self defense and the police take it. I still can't bring myself to carry it with one in the chamber though. 

You got one heck of a deal my friend

• Like 1

I have always carried my Glocks with one in the pipe, honestly if you have a good holster that protects the trigger area I do not see a problem with it, but to each their own

i am honestly surprised at how easy I can conceal the 19x with a 19 round mag in it, I have no problems using my TT leather holster I never planned on carrying this but I love it and now rotate it 

13 hours ago, hornett22 said:

Do you carry 1911's cocked and locked?  I'm more comfortable with a glock with a round in the chamber than a 1911 cocked and locked.  Interesting how different perspectives can be.   

• Like 2
On 5/6/2019 at 10:09 AM, peejman said:

Do you carry 1911's cocked and locked?  I'm more comfortable with a glock with a round in the chamber than a 1911 cocked and locked.  Interesting how different perspectives can be.   

I've carried a 1911 cocked and locked for years. Never had the slightest concern. 

On 5/6/2019 at 8:23 PM, SonnyCrockett said:

19x is the best glock Glock has ever made,they also made the gen5s which are similar but if I was to own one glock or one handgun for that matter the 19x fills every possible role IMO

19x fells different in my hand than the Gen 5. Even the 45 feels different to me. Could just be my imagination.