future job at gas station, which one?

Guest hustle

My boss has drug his feet for a month now after telling me there was a possibility of going part time at work. I really need to go part time because of school during the day. There are very few decent part time jobs in the evenings (I'm definitely not coordinated enough to be a waitress), and I live very close to two gas stations. Which one of these stations seems like the lesser of two evils. I assume that I will not be allowed to carry while I'm working, or have one stashed behind the counter. I would obviously just hand over anything a bg could possibly want anyway.

Both gas stations are across the street from each other directly off of the interstate at an exit with very few other businesses. I don't know how to check local crime reports in my county, so I'm not sure about their track record.

gas station #1: small store, fairly well lit, few pumps, customers come in spurts, easy to see everyone while they're inside the store, open 24 hrs (which could be of benefit to me)

gas station #2: large, well lit, sign on door that says I can't open safe, several pumps, stays busy, closes around 1am I think, cashier is in middle of the store in an island that leaves 25% of store not visible to the rear while facing front.

Each one has its advantages, which could also be considered a drawback in a different light. Which station would you consider the safer choice? I seriously need some help with this decision.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Waiting tables doesn't take much in the way of coordination, it's more about being like-able. If you're going to be in school, you can't beat the flexibility the restaurant business offers. I'd give it a shot if I were you.

Guest 70below

I would go for the larger station. Reasons being that the larger station will be more likely to have more going on and more customers present at any given time making it less comfortable for a opportunistic criminal to gain confidence. Also, given the current economic situation a larger chain is less likely to feel the hurt and cut you, though the person bond with a smaller store may make the decision harder on them.

edit: wow...me read what me right, me write real good

Edited by 70below
Waiting tables doesn't take much in the way of coordination, it's more about being like-able. If you're going to be in school, you can't beat the flexibility the restaurant business offers. I'd give it a shot if I were you.

I'm like-able if you think Helen Keller jokes are funny :lol:

I would ask a local police officer about crime rates first. Working late at night at a stop and rob just off the interstate should bring you combat pay. If you are getting paid by the hour, you might want to pick the small store, as you will have less traffic to buy items inside the convenience store, which equals less cash on hand. The problem with that is if you are working late at night with no one around. A large store might have more traffic, which means more people around (witnesses). I don't know how late you are planning on working and how that effects your school schedule. As far as carrying goes, I wouldn't ask about it. If you are coordinated enough to carry and use a firearm, I think you would do fine at waitressing, but if you don't want to do it, hey, you don't have to do it.

Myself, I would probably take the larger store. I would know I don't have to work til the wee hours of the morning. I would have more people around, statistically. And I have a longer field of fire if the fecal matter impacts the rotary impeller. :lol: