New AR build. Gonna be a good one.

6 minutes ago, Magiccarpetrides said:

I honestly enjoy the building part almost as much as the shooting lol.

Me too. Each one is just a little different and I learn something every time. Best lesson I’ve learned is that cheap sometimes cost more in the long run lol. That being said, I’ve had some good budget items that surprised me. Also learned that I have Lamborghini tastes with Mustang income and sometimes I have to save a long time to get what I want 😆

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Garufa said:

I have the black version of that same barrel on my TGO build.

I'm with you.  I've never gotten the love for the stainless steel on an AR.  I know it's purely an aesthetic thing, but they're not for me.

5 minutes ago, btq96r said:

I'm with you.  I've never gotten the love for the stainless steel on an AR.  I know it's purely an aesthetic thing, but they're not for me.

My barrel is the same that @mikegideon posted but it’s blackened stainless...it looks good.  Midway doesn’t sell that version anymore.

8 minutes ago, btq96r said:

I have always gone with stainless when I was going for accuracy. Both of my high end match barrels are stainless. Not sure they are offered any other way.

1 hour ago, mikegideon said:

I like 'em. Shilen says it hurts the barrel. But, it's cute.

Cute?? lol I have a couple of PSA builds with stainless barrels, not fluted. Not sold exclusively either way on them, but flashier than the bleak black finish anyway.

Keep toying with the gray/blue look on one.