New TN CC requirements pass house and senate

50 minutes ago, cybernorris said:

Can someone summarize what happens to the existing permits? Are they now equal to the enhanced permit?

When does this take effect? If I didn’t go with the lifetime before, should I upgrade now before this new law hits?... or am I already too late?

Zero impact to you; yours will turn into EHCP. Some believe there are states that will cancel reciprocity on both permits because of the reduced requirement CHCP. I guess that’s a possibility; but we have no way of knowing that. I don’t think its been signed into law yet.

EDIT:

Looks like it passed both houses and went to the Governor on Friday.

Here is the link…

http://wapp.capitol.tn.gov/apps/BillInfo/default.aspx?BillNumber=HB1264&GA=111

Edited by DaveTN

If you have a current handgun carry permit, you gain no additional carry privileges (similar to what other states have) by the permit converting to an 'enhanced' carry permit next year.  The TN legislature did nothing for us as far as reducing carry restrictions this year.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, 300winmag said:

If you have a current handgun carry permit, you gain no additional carry privileges (similar to what other states have) by the permit converting to an 'enhanced' carry permit next year.  The TN legislature did nothing for us as far as reducing carry restrictions this year.

Shocker. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.