NRA, faithful stewardship

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

It appears to me highly unlikely that one of the problems here is the NRA not knowing what members want.

Exactly. It’s more so them not caring what members want, while at the same time convincing members to send the NRA money to support their extravagant lifestyle so they can recommend bump stocks be reviewed for legal status. 

Edited by GlockSpock
1 hour ago, GlockSpock said:

I suddenly realized that I really need whatever it is that she's holding.

Careful, you don't know where she wants to put that "clenched fist of truth".  You might not like what she has in mind.  🤣

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
8 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

Thanks for the podcast! 

Speaking of which, two things.  I really enjoy when @TGO Sandy is on the show. Also, congrats to the two of y’all for the recent news. 

Thanks!  I'll be sure to pass both of those things along to her.  :)

• Like 2

Big money ALWAYS attracts big thieves.  I've given the NRA a lot of money over the last 40 years  (Benefactor member) but I find I've been screwed over once again by someone I trusted.  I'm tired of people.

Edited by enfield
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators
4 hours ago, GlockSpock said:

Trump was just on tv...voicing support for "some really cool background checks that was can do cool things with". That's my paraphrase off his thought process, perhaps not word for word.

Said he thought he could get the NRA on board...and if not...maybe they'll just be neutral (not fight it)....either would be ok.

• Angry 1
  • Moderators
27 minutes ago, GlockSpock said:

Trump was just on tv...voicing support for "some really cool background checks that was can do cool things with". That's my paraphrase off his thought process, perhaps not word for word.

Said he thought he could get the NRA on board...and if not...maybe they'll just be neutral (not fight it)....either would be ok.

Infuriating, but wholly unsurprising. I said he was an anti-gun Democrats when he launch his campaign, and all through the last election. It still doesn’t bring me any joy to say I told you so.

It’s notable that President Trump has repeatedly said publicly that he supports “strong background checks” not necessarily the universal background checks that would end private gun sales in America.

Any politician from any party would have to be either a dumb azz or not want to be elected to say they don’t support background checks.

Will they serve any purpose? No. Do I want to see them? No. Would I say I would talk about them if I was Trump? Absolutely. They are what the American people want he has no choice.

14 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

Any politician from any party would have to be either a dumb azz or not want to be elected to say they don’t support background checks.

Will they serve any purpose? No. Do I want to see them? No. Would I say I would talk about them if I was Trump? Absolutely. They are what the American people want he has no choice.

Trump could do an executive order outlawing private sales and it seems you'd still defend him. I've never seen such unwavering support for a politician. 

He always has a choice. You really think his base wants universal background checks? Not a chance. The Democratic voters of America might want it but they will never vote for him. He gains absolutely nothing by coming out in support of this. I'm not sure why you continue to cover for him.

• Like 1

Ok, so I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer so I have to ask stupid questions but when ever I went into a gun store to purchase a firearm I went through a background check before I could buy the gun. If we already have background checks what back ground checks are these politicians wanting that is not already being done??? Are they wanting DNA tests to prove you are who you say you are or Blood tests like you get when they do a blood/alcohol and DUI stop????

• Moderators
1 minute ago, bersaguy said:

Ok, so I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer so I have to ask stupid questions but when ever I went into a gun store to purchase a firearm I went through a background check before I could buy the gun. If we already have background checks what back ground checks are these politicians wanting that is not already being done??? Are they wanting DNA tests to prove you are who you say you are or Blood tests like you get when they do a blood/alcohol and DUI stop????

For private sells

4 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

They want a background check when you sell it to another TGO member. Without this, they have no real way to know who has what.

16 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

Trump could do an executive order outlawing private sales and it seems you'd still defend him. I've never seen such unwavering support for a politician. 

We defend him because we believe he is our last hope to save this great country.

1 minute ago, Eray said:

We defend him because we believe he is our last hope to save this great country.

That's fine. That doesn't mean he is right all the time. If you like his policies or think he's doing a great job that doesn't mean you have to agree with him even when he's quite clearly wrong.  How does Trump benefit by coming out in support of additional background checks? I guess the only thing I can think of is that even if he gives us universal background checks then we know most gun owners are still going to vote for him. Most of you would rather cut off your johnson than vote for a Democrat.  

6 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

That's fine. That doesn't mean he is right all the time. If you like his policies or think he's doing a great job that doesn't mean you have to agree with him even when he's quite clearly wrong.  How does Trump benefit by coming out in support of additional background checks? I guess the only thing I can think of is that even if he gives us universal background checks then we know most gun owners are still going to vote for him. Most of you would rather cut off your johnson than vote for a Democrat.  

I have voted for several Democrats over the years. I can't think of one that I could vote for today. The Democrat party of today is not the Democrat party of my generation. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Erik88 said:

He always has a choice. You really think his base wants universal background checks? Not a chance. The Democratic voters of America might want it but they will never vote for him. He gains absolutely nothing by coming out in support of this. I'm not sure why you continue to cover for him.

Erik, It’s just common sense. Trump has stuff to get done and gun issues is not part of it. But if I hated him as much as you do I would keep bringing up guns. He gets zero change on gun issues. A handful of people are going to be upset if we lose private sales without a background check. For most Americans it’s common sense to try to stop criminals and mental cases from getting guns. They are being told (correctly) that convicted felons can simply buy guns off the net in a private sale with no background check. They think stopping that is a good idea.

I’m not sticking up for Trump; I understand its going to happen no matter what he does..period…its happening…So save this thread in your saved stuff, notes, or whatever so if it doesn’t happen you can bring it back up to show me just how wrong I was.

About my relationship with The Donald…. Anyone here that reads what I post, whether they agree with me or not knows that I don’t like Donald Trump as a person. He is our President and I think he has done a far better job than anyone you can name that had a shot, and is 10000 % better than Hillary would have been. Him and Hillary were our only two choices in the end. No one else mattered.

Now about you assuming I support our President no matter what….

You and a couple of others here berated those of us that wanted Trump to win, you laughed at us, and told us there was no way Trump could win. You were obviously as clueless about that as you are on the issues now.

I have never seen anyone on this forum whine and cry more about personal attacks than you. Yet you attack people more for what you think they think, instead of what they say, than anyone on this forum. You should worry more about discussing the issues in an intelligent manner and less about throwing hissy fits, posting pics, calling me a Fudd, and calling me out in threads that I haven’t even posted an opinion in. But that’s okay. I’m a big boy and can handle it. I understand your internet friends have taught you a new word for those that don’t agree with you on gun issues, and have obviously even directed you to a cartoon to post. I can discuss/debate you on the issues, but I wish you wouldn’t reduce it down to childish non-sense. I had decided before to not respond to your posts. But I can’t help it. Some of what you post is too amazing I can’t help but comment….sometimes no matter how hard I try. :)

• Like 2
Guest BCR#1
1 hour ago, Erik88 said:

Care to tell us which one of the 20 something baboons on the other side of the aisle you plan to vote for next year big boy?

Bill