Kamala Harris: If Elected I Will Take Gun Dealers’ Licenses Away with Executive Action

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019/05/12/kamala-harris-if-elected-i-will-take-gun-dealers-licenses-away-with-executive-action/

Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union,” 2020 presidential hopeful Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) said if she is elected president, she will use executive action to take away gun dealers’ licenses “who fail to follow the law.”

When asked if she would support a federal gun license, Harris said, “I like the idea. Jake, I’ll tell you, on this issue of the need for gun safety losses, we’re not at any loss for good ideas. People have been having good ideas for decades on this issue. What we’re at a loss is people in Congress have the courage to do something. I’m going to tell you on this subject, we’re not waiting for the worst tragedy because we’ve seen the worst of tragedies including what happened this week and seeing the heroism of a child who we now mourn his loss, his parents’ only child. We’re not waiting for tragedies and great ideas. Universal background check? Good idea. You might want to know if someone has been proven to be a danger for themselves or others before they can buy a lethal weapon.”

Harris said, “Let me tell you what I’m proposing. I’m proposing, one, if by my 100th day in office when elected president of the United States, the United States Congress fails to put a bill on my desk to sign with all of the good ideas or any of the good ideas that I’m prepared to take executive action because that’s what’s needed.”

She continued, “For anyone who sells more than five guns a year, they will be required to perform background checks on the people they sell them to. This will be the most comprehensive background check policy that has ever been had in our country thus far.”

She added, “I’m also prepared to say and to direct the ATF to remove and take away the licenses of gun dealers who fail to follow the law. 90% of the guns that are associated with crime have been sold by 5% of the gun dealers. We need to take their licenses away.”

That last paragraph "90% of the guns that are associated with crime have been sold by 5% of the gun dealers". Yeah, I'm going to need a reliable citation on that.  

I'd say with her attitude one thing that she might accomplish if she takes office is kicking off that next civil war.  

She’s an idiot. The ATF already takes the licenses of dealers that don’t comply with the law. We have seen that locally for improper bookkeeping. As far as taking away the licenses of gun dealers that have sold guns used it crimes; the ATF looks at them hard and would pull their licenses if they could find violations. I would guess their location has more to do with that than their business practices.

I knew when Pelosi was comparing Trumps executive action on the wall to them using it for gun control; they were already going to do it if they get back the Office.

Of course facts and common sense don’t matter to any of these clowns; they are playing to their base to get votes. Some of them know they have zero chance of getting elected; but want the name reignition.

All we can hope for is every conservative goes to the polls.

• Like 1

So this lady thinks she can get elected by talking about taking away our gun and most people don't even know who she is and Hillary had the election totally rigged, bought and paid for and didn't win. Keep dreaming Ms. Harris. I promise you won't get my vote!!! 

1 hour ago, bersaguy said:

So this lady thinks she can get elected by talking about taking away our gun and most people don't even know who she is and Hillary had the election totally rigged, bought and paid for and didn't win. Keep dreaming Ms. Harris. I promise you won't get my vote!!! 

Yes, but keep in mind Hillary won the popular vote. The Electoral College is all that saved our butt.

If the economy stays strong and people have jobs; they will vote for Trump. Most of these Democrats aren’t trying to promise better jobs or better pay; they are promising forced pay rises for the working poor and raises for those living off the government. That’s a very large group. That’s why they want to allow illegals to vote; we would never have a Republican in officer again.

I don’t know who will come out of this group of clowns. As of today I would have to say Bernie. I know the polls have Biden by 20 points, but I don’t think that is anywhere near correct. And neither Bernie nor Biden is anywhere near as hated as Hillary was. We shall see.

But I sure hope the republicans get out and vote. A lot of folks were dealt a devastating blow in 2016; that alone will get them to the polls.

Gun control won’t be a big factor in this election. But it will help knock out some off the bottom feeders.  The Economy and National Security will be the issues.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, DaveTN said:

Yes, but keep in mind Hillary won the popular vote. The Electoral College is all that saved our butt.

If the economy stays strong and people have jobs; they will vote for Trump. Most of these Democrats aren’t trying to promise better jobs or better pay; they are promising forced pay rises for the working poor and raises for those living off the government. That’s a very large group. That’s why they want to allow illegals to vote; we would never have a Republican in officer again.

I don’t know who will come out of this group of clowns. As of today I would have to say Bernie. I know the polls have Biden by 20 points, but I don’t think that is anywhere near correct. And neither Bernie nor Biden is anywhere near as hated as Hillary was. We shall see.

But I sure hope the republicans get out and vote. A lot of folks were dealt a devastating blow in 2016; that alone will get them to the polls.

Gun control won’t be a big factor in this election. But it will help knock out some off the bottom feeders.  The Economy and National Security will be the issues.

I totally agree with you on this. You can bet they will be working alot harder this time where it comes to the Electoral College is concerned. They learned a very important lesson in 2016 and I don't think they will make that mistake again. They will be much more focused on that this round. And yes, the Republicans need to go and vote this time even more that last time. I agree if the economy remains strong and our National Security is also strong that will definately be a plus for Trump. I am concerned now with him and China.  That is affecting the economy of both countries and could very well upset the apple cart for the economy. We also have to see where Trump goes with N. Korea and Iran over the next month or so to. He is coming down really hard on both countries........JMHO

Edited by bersaguy