Kamala Harris wants ban on importing AR-15-style assault weapons

Other than being an anti-gun ban, is this even an issue? Are Ar-15’s imported? Most I know of are made right here. Or is “AR-15 style” left wing liberal speak for anything that isn’t a bolt action hunting rifle?

https://nypost.com/2019/05/15/kamala-harris-wants-ban-on-importing-ar-15-style-assault-weapons/

NASHUA, N.H. — Kamala Harris wants to ban the importation of AR-15-style assault weapons by executive action if elected president.

On Wednesday, the Democratic senator from California is set to detail her proposal to stop importing the weapons until the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives can analyze whether the ban should be permanent.

Harris has previously said she would take executive action on gun violence if Congress failed to pass comprehensive gun safety measures in her first 100 days.

She is seeking near-universal background checks by anyone who sells five or more guns annually; revoking the licenses of law-breaking gun manufacturers and dealers; reversing President Donald Trump’s change to the definition of “fugitive from justice”; and closing a loophole to prevent dating partners convicted of domestic violence from buying guns.

BTW....Glad I'm not dating anymore. :)

15 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

Other than being an anti-gun ban, is this even an issue? Are Ar-15’s imported? Most I know of are made right here. Or is “AR-15 style” left wing liberal speak for anything that isn’t a bolt action hunting rifle?

https://nypost.com/2019/05/15/kamala-harris-wants-ban-on-importing-ar-15-style-assault-weapons/

BTW....Glad I'm not dating anymore. :)

I think we need to place a ban on "importing" idiots to DC.

• Like 5

Every Democrat is throwing anything out there to see what sticks...so a big yawn from me. 

They each need to 1) qualify for the debates, and 2) keep their name in the news to attract fundraising.  We're going to see a real race to stupid (more so than already) as they fight for debate time and money.  Not until after probably South Carolina will whoever is left try to ease off some and re-tack center left to prep for the general. 

• Like 1

I'm not going to say there aren't any out there, but I've never seen or heard of a foreign made AR. I don't think anybody would give a flip if importation of them was banned.

She probably doesn't have a clue what she is talking about, it just sounds good to her base.  

Edited by m16ty
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, m16ty said:

I'm not going to say there aren't any out there, but I've never seen or heard of a foreign made AR. I don't think anybody would give a flip if importation of them was banned.

She probably doesn't have a clue what she is talking about, it just sounds good to her base.  

Probably?

• Like 2
  • Moderators

Well, I guess technically they could be imported, but they'd be subject to 922r compliance, and as such, would need a bunch of US made parts. I don't think I've ever seen a foreign made AR-15.

But that being said...I think the mindset she has is banning the import of anything "AR-15 Like", that we know as AK's, Tavors, SIG, etc.

19 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

All she is doing is showing everyone that might be paying attention to her just how stupid she really is..................JMHO

Actually, she is playing to people that are even more ignorant than her. Most anti-gun people (the ones she is pandering to) don't know anything past the liberal talking points.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

Actually, she is playing to people that are even more ignorant than her. Most anti-gun people (the ones she is pandering to) don't know anything past the liberal talking points.

I agree with you 100% Mike. If this is the best the left has to run for the Oval Office I think Trump will remain in the Oval office in 20/20. In all honesty I look for Trump to be running against either Bernie or Biden but there could be a ringer in the group that could come out as front runner when the smoke clears..........JMHO

• Moderators
21 hours ago, bersaguy said:

I agree with you 100% Mike. If this is the best the left has to run for the Oval Office I think Trump will remain in the Oval office in 20/20. In all honesty I look for Trump to be running against either Bernie or Biden but there could be a ringer in the group that could come out as front runner when the smoke clears..........JMHO

Isn't typing 20/20 longer than 2020?

star trek GIF

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...