Beretta guys….school me.

DaveTN

Seems every one thinks these gun manufacturers know how to build quality products because they have QC staff? The huge problem being over looked is like taking a machinist and then telling him, hey, your now a gunsmith or QC guy. Then there is the guy with a BA in Business Admin and hes put on the production floor as a forman. This crap happens all the time and it all leads to bad guns and CS. One of the worst repairs on a gun came out of Berretta MD. Absolute retards working there back in the 90's. 3 times I sent a customer's gun back to get a new barrel because of a factory gouge in the chamber wall so deep the fired casings were locking up in the little M21.  You could actually see it visibly like a crater in there. After replacing everything on the gun including the grip panels the first 2 times around, The 3rd time they just sent a new gun.... WTF!  Iv seen it in other manufacturers too many times. They hire folks that have little to no gunsmithing knowledge of how a firearm works in its full perspective.  In 83 when I worked at Auto Ordnance producing the cheapest 1911A1 of its day, Management was purely administrative with ZERO mechanical understanding. So when I warned them the new casted barrels they wanted me to put into the production line were going to have a large failure rate, Management ( Fred Nichols) told me to just test the guns out with 5 rounds rather than a full mag of 7 because they were sitting on a pile of pre paid orders. I quit not long after that. You need God given true Gunsmithing talent in the QC room and management that puts those few folks in high regard making the calls on production.  Unfortunately, that business model gets corrupted way too often in the gun industry. 

• Like 2
On 8/29/2019 at 10:09 AM, DaveTN said:

High Polish blue might be subjective or not really understood by some of you younger guys. To us older guys; its not. It’s the polished blue finish S&W put on revolvers for many years (and I think you can still get). It’s the hi-gloss blue on the Belgium Browning Hi-Powers from the 70’s. Or the high polish blue of the Remington 870 WingMasters. When you hold one in your hands you will be impressed.

However, from the responses if I what I want is still made; it isn’t made here. So I’ll quit looking.

So we can’t make a quality Beretta in Tennessee.. WTH?? Save that for someone that will believe it.

Also I gotta say… as a Tennessee gun community we are falling down on the job. What’s it been 3 years ago that one of the worlds largest gun makers opened a factory here where they aren’t simply bolting together guns from parts made overseas (as some that want to claim American Made) but are actually machining and manufacturing guns here?? And you Beretta guys seem to be clueless about what’s going on there. :)

If that was a Smith & Wesson facility I would at the very least know what they make there and would probably have all the 411 on everything that goes on there. I’d be at that facility and if that didn’t work I’d be finding some people that work there and taking them out for some beers. Don’t you guys in Gallatin drink beer?? 9Jo1vcs.gif

:leaving:

I have always liked them and probably always will. I waited until I found one from Gallatin. When mine locked up and I sent it in I just assumed I would get another one from Gallatin. I'm all for them doing good. I got two free mags out of the deal. I lost my G model kit though. 

11 hours ago, Garufa said:

If anyone wants a blued Beretta 92 look for a 92S.  Not sure if any are still available from the importers and usual dealers but the market was flooded with them a couple of years ago.  

If only that Beretta Fusion had a Gallatin Roll mark. I might have to run right out and get one of those. :lol: