New Glock

Lots of presentation dry fire, start slow at first both from and back to the holster and build speed until you lose the dot, then practice until that becomes comfortable and speed up again, use a par timer app to keep you honest if you don't own a timer or even a laser cartridge and something like the iTarget app but use some sort of a timer to gauge progress until you can work at speed with reliable results  remember it is a perishable skill so practice becomes a regular maintenance for your NPA so you see the dot every time or know if you dont see it the likeliest way to move the gun ( up or down usually for most folks)

We learned this the hard way back in the early mid 90's when the C-More Serendipity came out and the old "look down the tube" trick we used on the Tasco PDP3s no longer applied, now that you are trying to work a smaller screen than a Serendipity this skill becomes more important for competition and absolutely crucial if you plan to carry. 

Another trick we learned is which surface makes the best backup sight, since we didn't cowitness a racegun so you know what to use WHEN they fail ( and they all do/will in time) usually we would set up on a sandbag and lock the dot in and look down the slide,side of the sight etc. to find something we could use with the dot turned off and incorporate that into the training regimen, dots were a lot less durable back then and Murphy is still an optimist.

Enjoy the new setup 

On 5/22/2019 at 3:41 PM, A.J. Holst said:

Not a RMR operator, yet.

I understand from those who are, not a fad, but a very practical accessory.

I had an RMR on a Glock 34 a couple years back. I just couldn't get to like it back then, but am giving some thought to trying it once more. 

I saw one of the Canik models with an optic and it was really tempting. Makes me want to sell something and get it. lol

3 hours ago, LINKS2K said:

I practice at home with the iTarget system. The more you practice, the easier it it is to pick up the dot. 

I too, use the iTarget, not as much as I should.

No excuses since I've many DA/SA semi and wheelies

• Like 1

When these dropped, after wishing for an MOS version of the G45...it was after I said I was done buying more guns. And there was much profaning.

So ya'll can thank me for it coming into being :D

NIce OP!

I was initially surprised that RDS on pistols took some getting use to, they are not a magic workaround to bad marksmanship skills like you're playing a video game. Or at least I believe that many feel they are something like that. Turns out if you use the same skills but shifted focus onto the dot as the surrogate for the front sight. Now that I get it...I like it. But most days I still prefer irons.

On 5/28/2019 at 6:50 AM, hipower said:

I had an RMR on a Glock 34 a couple years back. I just couldn't get to like it back then, but am giving some thought to trying it once more. 

I saw one of the Canik models with an optic and it was really tempting. Makes me want to sell something and get it. lol

Try a Holosun 507C.  I have one on my pistol and love it.  I actually like shooting with it better than my RMR.  Great features and cost less, and has same footprint as the RMR so you can run it on the same slide.

1 minute ago, amendment2customcoating said:

Try a Holosun 507C.  I have one on my pistol and love it.  I actually like shooting with it better than my RMR.  Great features and cost less, and has same footprint as the RMR so you can run it on the same slide.

Thanks for the recommendation. I actually have been thinking of the Holosun products. I first saw one on a Bren Rifle a year or so back and was impressed with it.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, hipower said:

Thanks for the recommendation. I actually have been thinking of the Holosun products. I first saw one on a Bren Rifle a year or so back and was impressed with it.

the 507C is the dual reticle feature so you can switch between the dot or reticle.  I feel like i can pickup the retical much faster.  

• Like 1