I always wanted a Sig P250

Patton

I always wanted a Sig P250.  I have eyed them for years and past on one or two that I later wished I would have bought. I won one on Gunbroker for what I thought was an amazing deal (about $250 OTD). It is used but in very good condition.  It’s a 40 subcompact and only came with one magazine and no box.  I picked it up yesterday to be surprised by the excellent condition and half-life night sights.  

Call me crazy, but I actually wanted a .40 since my department has vowed to stick with them for a lot longer and I am swimming in .40 ammo. I seriously have about 3k rounds with most being hollow points. 

Well, I went to the range today and was less than impressed.  My groups were the size of my fist at 10yards, but the failure to feed rate was about 5% or about 10 failures in 200 rounds.  I’m thinking it may be the magazine as the spring actually feels weak.  I was actually wanting to trim a compact grip to work with a subcompact slide; some of my attraction to this model. 

I plan to try a Glock spring in the subcompact Sig mag tomorrow.

I am tempted to go ahead and order a new compact mag and a compact grip hoping I can make it run.

Anyone around Chattanooga got a P250/p320 mag I can borrow for testing?

No expertise with Sig, however I would:

Start at 3 yards

Maybe some additional lubrication, more rounds, and dry fire?

It could be the mag spring or ammo brand.

For $250, I think it's worth a bit more testing. 

Regarding night sights, they're getting dim on my '08 75B, but still visible and usable in low light.

I like night sights because the inserts make a great day time sight pic. 

If 80% of DGUs fall in the 3-3-3 rule, keyboard kommando, mall ninja high speed operator sights are less important.

I also understand 70% of DGUs occur between 6p and 6a, so low light gear could be useful...add a retinal burning LED light and night vision, those half life sights are just fine!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Sidecarist said:

If the 250 takes the same grip module as a P320 I have one in compact size you could try along with mags.

Let me know.

The P250 and the P320 share the same grip modules, magazines, barrels, and a few other smaller parts.  I appreciate the offer.  What city are you in?

• 1 month later...

I finally got the Sig p250 to 100%.  It honestly took more time and effort than it was worth. I polished the feedramp and replaced just about every spring without it performing any better. A couple of new mags didn’t matter either.

An experienced gunsmith looked at it and determined that the chamber was too tight. Seriously, he took a dremel, and a reamer, and opened the chamber up a hundredths of an inch or two. So far it has been flawless for the last 250 rounds.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I picked a 250 for $200.00 (rental gun) from a shop that was closing, I though it'll be trading material but after shooting it, I'm keeping it, it usually goes in my boat bag, if it gets wet is easy to take apart and clean every thing out, its a great gun, Sig should have kept it in the line up, but they have the habit of discontinuing good weapons.

Edited by ca survivor