Good Supplier For Fully Prepped Brass

I found a really good supplier of fully prepped .223 / 5.56 MM rifle brass. This stuff is priced good. And is delivered, (free shipping), via. USPS Priority Mail in just a few days. And it comes ready to load. Fully cleaned inside and out, by wet tumbling in Stainless Steel pins. Fully trimmed, resized, with the primer pockets swaged. All that's left is to run it through the Dillon.

All I did additional was to chamfer the case mouths with a VLD Chamfer Tool on my RCBS Case Prep Center to allow easier bullet seating. The primers seat beautifully in these cases, with just the right amount of pressure. All to the proper depth. And none stand proud. You can't beat the price. I bought 2,500 rounds for just $179.00. (It's $10.00 more now, and they're showing, "out of stock" at the moment. But they resupply fast. I'm going to order more as soon as they get more in. I load this stuff by the 30 pound bowl full, with the bulk 6,000 round boxed, Hornady 55 Gr. FMJ Boat Tail. With Hogdon CFE 223 Powder. That stuff burns clean and accurate. But more importantly, it flows through a Dillon powder measure like water. From there it goes into .50 Cal ammo cans.

This ammo runs perfectly in all of my AR's. And it delivers MOA groups in calm conditions, in both my CZ-527 and Marlin X-7 bolt guns. For this price it just doesn't pay to buy non prepped brass any more. Resizing and prepping brass is the biggest PITA in reloading. This stuff makes your time at the reloading bench much more productive. All of the loaded rounds gage properly in my Dillon Case Gauge. And they chamber effortlessly.

https://msprocessedbrass.com/product-category/rifle-brass

uDax37j.jpg?2

epVRhlk.jpg?1

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, DeepSouth said:

Looks like an ad for MS Processed Brass dot com to me.

I have zero vested interest in MS Brass. I'm simply passing along a good company that offers good brass at a fair price. If you can find better cheaper, go for it. If not, then pay more. Either way it makes no difference to me.

• Like 1

The problem is when you add this all up. When you buy fully prepped brass it's ready to load. Take it out of the box and run it through the Dillon. I remove the resizing die and replace it with a decapping die that assures the flash hole is clear of any obstructions before I seat the primer.

Compared to prepping once fired brass, it's a boatload of work for not much money saved. I don't care how you do it. You have to resize and deprime. Then you have to trim to length. Then you have to swage out the primer pocket. Then you have to tumble to clean and polish, as well as remove all of the resizing lubricant from the case, and the inside of the neck. You also have to chamfer the inside and outside of the case neck.

No matter how you look at it, that's a lot of work. For the little amount more for fully prepped brass, it's not worth the time and effort to do it yourself. I realize that even after I bought all of the fancy tools to make it go faster. It still doesn't go as fast as from the box, right into the press.

billt, thanks for the heads up on the brass. I love to shoot 223. Just hate to prep it for reloading. Got all th3e Dillon stuff to do, just hate to. Got a 5 gal bucket of the stuff, once fired military, Just don't want to fool with it. GI brass has powder pretty cheap "even with the sir charge on it"

1 hour ago, billt said:

The problem is when you add this all up. When you buy fully prepped brass it's ready to load. Take it out of the box and run it through the Dillon. I remove the resizing die and replace it with a decapping die that assures the flash hole is clear of any obstructions before I seat the primer.

Compared to prepping once fired brass, it's a boatload of work for not much money saved. I don't care how you do it. You have to resize and deprime. Then you have to trim to length. Then you have to swage out the primer pocket. Then you have to tumble to clean and polish, as well as remove all of the resizing lubricant from the case, and the inside of the neck. You also have to chamfer the inside and outside of the case neck.

No matter how you look at it, that's a lot of work. For the little amount more for fully prepped brass, it's not worth the time and effort to do it yourself. I realize that even after I bought all of the fancy tools to make it go faster. It still doesn't go as fast as from the box, right into the press.

Except when you get 10,000 5.56 for free.😀

3 hours ago, DeepSouth said:

If you buy prepped cases to reload do you collect them after shooting, ship them off to be prepped again?

Mine are sitting in several filled orange 5 gallon Home Depot buckets. I try to get the encouragement to prep them. But so far I just order more that already are. Someday, maybe. Someday.

On 9/21/2019 at 3:06 PM, billt said:

This is a pretty convincing argument right here. 

hate prepping 5.56/.223 brass. It's tedious no matter how you spin it. And my time is worth something to me.

I thoroughly enjoy the process of handloading and load development otherwise... but prepping rifle/carbine brass is a PIA.

Thanks @billt

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2019 at 3:06 PM, billt said:

Haven't received my order yet, but I can only assume the primer pockets will be cut to the proper size. When I do the pockets I swage them. Don't know if that's better or not, it's just what my Dillon tool does.

Can't wait for my order to come. My boys have just about shot up everything I had ordered.

16 hours ago, Ray Z said:

Haven't received my order yet, but I can only assume the primer pockets will be cut to the proper size. When I do the pockets I swage them. Don't know if that's better or not, it's just what my Dillon tool does.

Can't wait for my order to come. My boys have just about shot up everything I had ordered.

This prepped brass has some of the best seating primer pockets I've ever worked with. They seat with just the right tension.

• Like 1