Sig ups the ammo count on P365 again....15rds

I have three 15 round mags on the way, along with a P226 Legion RX conversation kit for my SAO Legion P226.

I’ve got Gen5 Glocks 19MOS & 17MOS with DPP on them. Very good pistols, but they don’t excite me like the prospect of 15 + rounds for the P365. The Glocks will definitely be home defense guns now. 

Edited by LINKS2K
18 hours ago, LINKS2K said:

I have three 15 round mags on the way, along with a P226 Legion RX conversation kit for my SAO Legion P226.

I’ve got Gen5 Glocks 19MOS & 17MOS with DPP on them. Very good pistols, but they don’t excite me like the prospect of 15 + rounds for the P365. The Glocks will definitely be home defense guns now. 

Did you order from Sig directly? A while back Brownells had a killer sale on Sig mags, but not right now, alas...

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Defender said:

Did you order from Sig directly? A while back Brownells had a killer sale on Sig mags, but not right now, alas...

Yes, I found them on the Sig Legion page. 

Edited by LINKS2K
On 5/28/2019 at 3:51 PM, Steelharp said:

Your 19 will be shorter in height than the 365.

I’m carrying the 365 with the ten round mag, and two of the 15 rounds mags will be carried in my double mag pouch. 

On 5/31/2019 at 5:12 PM, Defender said:

just pre-ordered 3. Thanks, man.

You're welcome.  I considered ordering 3 myself, but decided I didn't like the extra length on the magazines and think the 12-round mags are the perfect length for me in the P365.

What makes that funny is that I prefer 15-round Glock 19 mags with X-Grips in my Glock 26.

Im not quite sure how I acquired this phobia i have about carrying as much ammo in my weapon as I can.  For the first half of my career I carried a .38 with only 6 rounds (and another 18 on the belt), before switching midway thru my career to a 9mm with 15 in the gun. Then, after retiring, I  developed this fear of running out of ammo... For years after retiring I carried an FN-45 with 15+1 with another 30 on my belt. Finally convinced myself to go to a lighter, smaller EDC and ended up with a 9mm Shield...but the fear crept back and so i got the 365 when it came out  and now carry it loaded with 12+1.  Will switch to the 15 rounder when they come in probably.  Totally un-explainable fear i have on this issue.  On a positive note, I only carry one spare mag on my belt now, with 10 more in my bag, lol.

Edited by Defender
grammar
  • Haha 1

Defender,

For me the extended mags on the P365 or the 15-round mags with X-grips on the Glock 26 is more about ergonomics of fitting my hand comfortably allowing me to fire accurately than having a few more rounds in the magazines.  I do admit I carry a spare mag for any pistol I carry. 

amendment2customcoating,

Thanks for posting about the P365XL.  I hadn't seen that yet.  Although I'd probably love the grip on it, I don't think I want the longer barrel/slide.  I like the feel of the P365 as it is currently.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, billmeek said:

Defender,

For me the extended mags on the P365 or the 15-round mags with X-grips on the Glock 26 is more about ergonomics of fitting my hand comfortably allowing me to fire accurately than having a few more rounds in the magazines.  I do admit I carry a spare mag for any pistol I carry. 

amendment2customcoating,

Thanks for posting about the P365XL.  I hadn't seen that yet.  Although I'd probably love the grip on it, I don't think I want the longer barrel/slide.  I like the feel of the P365 as it is currently.

I like that benefit as well.  It does make the grip more controllable.

9 hours ago, amendment2customcoating said:

Sig is going to be releasing the P365XL.  I was thinking about picking up a P365 but I think I may wait and get the xl.  I like that it has the RMR cutout already on the slide. 

Sig P365xl

2019-06-03_23-52-46.jpg

I don't really understand the point of the XL....I mean the only reason I bought the P365 is the combination of capacity and miniscule size...the XL to me is just any other gun.

On 6/3/2019 at 8:40 AM, Defender said:

Im not quite sure how I acquired this phobia i have about carrying as much ammo in my weapon as I can.  For the first half of my career I carried a .38 with only 6 rounds (and another 18 on the belt), before switching midway thru my career to a 9mm with 15 in the gun. Then, after retiring, I  developed this fear of running out of ammo... For years after retiring I carried an FN-45 with 15+1 with another 30 on my belt. Finally convinced myself to go to a lighter, smaller EDC and ended up with a 9mm Shield...but the fear crept back and so i got the 365 when it came out  and now carry it loaded with 12+1.  Will switch to the 15 rounder when they come in probably.  Totally un-explainable fear i have on this issue.  On a positive note, I only carry one spare mag on my belt now, with 10 more in my bag, lol.

Ha, Ha, Ha, I also carried a revolver on duty. I only had 12 extra rounds in two speed loaders and felt comfortable. Even though in the Academy they spent a couple of hours on the Newhall Incident that happened years before in 1970.

I’m not OCD about carrying a gun. I’ll generally carry a Shield a J-frame or a K-frame on me. My reload plan is a New York reload. I keep a full size M&P near me and an extra mag with it. However, I figure now being a citizen, if I get into something 15 rounds of .40S&W can’t get me out of; I’m in big trouble anyway. But it could happen. I feel someone getting the drop on me is far more likely than me needing a bunch of rounds of ammo.

I know what you mean about unreasonable phobias though. Mine is wasps. I can honestly say I would rather go on a man with a gun call than deal with wasps. :panic:

• Like 1
5 hours ago, DaveTN said:

Ha, Ha, Ha, I also carried a revolver on duty. I only had 12 extra rounds in two speed loaders and felt comfortable. Even though in the Academy they spent a couple of hours on the Newhall Incident that happened years before in 1970.

I’m not OCD about carrying a gun. I’ll generally carry a Shield a J-frame or a K-frame on me. My reload plan is a New York reload. I keep a full size M&P near me and an extra mag with it. However, I figure now being a citizen, if I get into something 15 rounds of .40S&W can’t get me out of; I’m in big trouble anyway. But it could happen. I feel someone getting the drop on me is far more likely than me needing a bunch of rounds of ammo.

I know what you mean about unreasonable phobias though. Mine is wasps. I can honestly say I would rather go on a man with a gun call than deal with wasps. :panic:

I remember that incident as well, and despite the false stories floating around about it, it probably resulted in better training for LEOs.  Anothe rone that is scary was the Miami FBI shooting, but One other one that probably fueled my unreasonable phobia about this was the Sgt Timothy Gramins shooting in Skokie, Illinois.  If you haven't heard of it, take a read.  If nothing else, its an interesting story:  https://www.policeone.com/police-heroes/articles/6199620-Why-one-cop-carries-145-rounds-of-ammo-on-the-job/

But I agree with you...my bigger firepower is usually close by with multiple reloads, just in case.  Despite my "phobia", i often only have a pocket .380 with 6 rounds in my immediate area, for various reasons you can imagine.

59 minutes ago, Defender said:

I remember that incident as well, and despite the false stories floating around about it, it probably resulted in better training for LEOs.  Anothe rone that is scary was the Miami FBI shooting, but One other one that probably fueled my unreasonable phobia about this was the Sgt Timothy Gramins shooting in Skokie, Illinois.  If you haven't heard of it, take a read.  If nothing else, its an interesting story:  https://www.policeone.com/police-heroes/articles/6199620-Why-one-cop-carries-145-rounds-of-ammo-on-the-job/

But I agree with you...my bigger firepower is usually close by with multiple reloads, just in case.  Despite my "phobia", i often only have a pocket .380 with 6 rounds in my immediate area, for various reasons you can imagine.

That is an amazing story. It reminds me of the autopsy photos we were shown at my department of a guy that took (14-19?)  rounds on 9mm in solid body hits. He didn’t know it yet, but he was dead, and he was still standing returning fire.

As that Officer discovered the will to live and an adrenaline rush is a strong thing; for both of them.

The Newhall incident, The Miami shootout, The North Hollywood shootout, what happened to Sergeant Gramins, Pulse night club, Vegas shooting, the Waffle House shooting, and many others teach us that given the chance bad guys will kill you in a heartbeat.

And while having that beat into your head there are those that want you to wait those precious seconds with an armed criminal to see what he will do. Yep, the Nashville DA and Mayor should be ashamed of themselves. Heck with that, when a criminal threatens someone with a gun their rights end. I suspect a jury will agree. If they don’t, we are all in danger, not only from the criminals, but from the legal system being used as a political weapon to help people get elected.

Cops get tired of fighting both sides.

• Like 3
On 6/4/2019 at 4:58 PM, DaveTN said:

That is an amazing story. It reminds me of the autopsy photos we were shown at my department of a guy that took (14-19?)  rounds on 9mm in solid body hits. He didn’t know it yet, but he was dead, and he was still standing returning fire.

As that Officer discovered the will to live and an adrenaline rush is a strong thing; for both of them.

The Newhall incident, The Miami shootout, The North Hollywood shootout, what happened to Sergeant Gramins, Pulse night club, Vegas shooting, the Waffle House shooting, and many others teach us that given the chance bad guys will kill you in a heartbeat.

And while having that beat into your head there are those that want you to wait those precious seconds with an armed criminal to see what he will do. Yep, the Nashville DA and Mayor should be ashamed of themselves. Heck with that, when a criminal threatens someone with a gun their rights end. I suspect a jury will agree. If they don’t, we are all in danger, not only from the criminals, but from the legal system being used as a political weapon to help people get elected.

Cops get tired of fighting both sides.

To your point,  thats why I'm wondering who even wants to be a cop in these times...

Edited by Defender
spelling
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Got my Sig P-365 12 rounders in the mail today!  Getting ready to load them, but tried one in the gun and it sure does feel right holding the grip!  Sure there will be a trade off in concealability, but that grip is sure to improve comfort while firing and accuracy too.  The texture is a good match too.  Good grip but not too aggressive.

Edited by Defender

I very much like my 365 with 12 round magazine carried in an appendix holster.  I will probably get the 365-XL with the 15 round magazine but carry it OWB at the 4:00 position.  I look at the two guns as serving two different purposes.  The smaller 365 is great for concealment and to carry in the appendix position.  The 365-XL will replace my G-22, G-17, Sig 320 or 1911 on my hip as it will be lighter, slimmer and still hold 16 rounds.

Edited by billyblazes
14 hours ago, billyblazes said:

I very much like my 365 with 12 round magazine carried in an appendix holster.  I will probably get the 365-XL with the 15 round magazine but carry it OWB at the 4:00 position.  I look at the two guns as serving two different purposes.  The smaller 365 is great for concealment and to carry in the appendix position.  The 365-XL will replace my G-22, G-17, Sig 320 or 1911 on my hip as it will be lighter, slimmer and still hold 16 rounds.

Sig sucks!  I dont need another Sig P-365, dammit!  But its looking like the XL may be in my future.  I will need to handle one and compare it with my reg 365 first...