Sig ups the ammo count on P365 again....15rds

On 6/17/2019 at 11:39 AM, Defender said:

Got my Sig P-365 12 rounders in the mail today!  Getting ready to load them, but tried one in the gun and it sure does feel right holding the grip!  Sure there will be a trade off in concealability, but that grip is sure to improve comfort while firing and accuracy too.  The texture is a good match too.  Good grip but not too aggressive.

Bought some more self defense ammo and loaded up the new 15 round mags.  Sticks pretty far out of the gun for sure. Makes a better grip, but also may not like it for concealed carry. Will be testing this weekend to see.  I'll tell you one thing that pisses me off though.  The plastic that goes around the bottom of the mag that serves as a grip extension does not cover the back part of the magazine base, so that the pistol grip ends where the backstrap ends.  Makes the gun more uncomfortable to hold and probably shoot that way.  Dunno why, other than to save money, Sig would do these this way.  The plastic on the 12 rounders go all the way around.  They need to fix this for sure.  If not there will be aftermarket base plates soon I'd expect.  Sig is selling these for 49.99 each. I got mine thru OSage County Guns for 36, but still...for that much money they coulda finished the magazine...just sayin'.

• 3 weeks later...

Went to the Gun Crew today in Hermitage and they has SOOO many things I wanted to buy.  They had a 12 Bull pup, they had a double barrel AR style rifle, they had...well they haD everything, LOL.  But,  what followed me home from the Gun Crew Gun Store was brand new Sig P-365XL!  Its so cute and friendly, just like a new puppy!  I think I will keep it and name it Sally and love it and hold it and shoot it and clean it and...lol.  Comes with 2 flush 12 round mags and the 15 round ones i bought before fit perfectly, and comfortably.  Ill probably be carrying with a 15 either in it or in a spare pouch after I break it in and start carrying it.  May not get to that til next weekend,  Anyway, nice gun i think.  Its very much like the basic 365 but the size is just ever so much longer and taller for a better grip, and the flat trigger is SOOO much better!  I cant wait to shoot it with that trigger!~I may possibly sell one of my P365s.  On a DIFFERENT topic , I spoke to the range guys at Royal Range and am on track to get my LEOSA range qual done soon!  Overall, a pretty good day!

On 7/11/2019 at 2:14 PM, Chucktshoes said:

TFBTV review of the P365XL. It’s got my interest. 

Chuck, don’t trust that guy in that video, he closes his eyes when he shoots and at 10:30 he calls a 2” group at 7 yards “almost one ragged hole”. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 1 month later...
On 7/13/2019 at 4:16 PM, Defender said:

Went to the Gun Crew today in Hermitage and they has SOOO many things I wanted to buy.  They had a 12 Bull pup, they had a double barrel AR style rifle, they had...well they haD everything, LOL.  But,  what followed me home from the Gun Crew Gun Store was brand new Sig P-365XL!  Its so cute and friendly, just like a new puppy!  I think I will keep it and name it Sally and love it and hold it and shoot it and clean it and...lol.  Comes with 2 flush 12 round mags and the 15 round ones i bought before fit perfectly, and comfortably.  Ill probably be carrying with a 15 either in it or in a spare pouch after I break it in and start carrying it.  May not get to that til next weekend,  Anyway, nice gun i think.  Its very much like the basic 365 but the size is just ever so much longer and taller for a better grip, and the flat trigger is SOOO much better!  I cant wait to shoot it with that trigger!~I may possibly sell one of my P365s.  On a DIFFERENT topic , I spoke to the range guys at Royal Range and am on track to get my LEOSA range qual done soon!  Overall, a pretty good day!

One down side is that I had bought several 12 round mags for my 365, and i discovered that they do not fit the 365XL becasue of the butt plate being made to fit the 365 better...hard to explain.  BUT, sig now has the replacement flush fit butt plates on their web site so i ordered some of those and will swap them out  soon.  I guess I really need to sell one or both of the 365s now...