Heretic Manticore-S

So I lost my small Protech strider pocket knife and although I loved that knife I wanted to try something different. I’ve owned a microtech in the past and was pleased so started browsing The Hollow Grind YouTube reviews to see what was new or intriguing and came across this Heretic Manticore S. It’s a small smooth body aluminum OTF dagger point. I’ve only had it for about 2 hours but already very happy. Action is easy and smooth but not too easy to work about pocket carry. Great oversized pocket clip with deep carry and glass breaker on the end. Knife is sharp but not Protech-sharp. Just wanted to show it off

9AD7002C-E6B3-412C-8803-DD5F7B192829.jpeg

B2F34A36-F726-4662-B664-36F0DDB7DD2A.jpeg

7E7CBC81-CD5E-4DED-8254-7CFC1EE380A2.jpeg

73F30D77-A38D-47D5-A6DC-11517D10FE89.jpeg

93019571-F012-4DCC-ADD5-BD1983E3E311.jpeg

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Lumber_Jack said:

Yeah for sure. Lots of great knives a prices that would get me divorced quickly 

No kidding. But how robust is the release on that? Would it easily release if it hit something in your pocket? I usually clip my auto knives to my pocket; but not always.

2 hours ago, DaveTN said:

No kidding. But how robust is the release on that? Would it easily release if it hit something in your pocket? I usually clip my auto knives to my pocket; but not always.

It’s what I would describe as moderate. Enough to prevent accidental deployment but easy enough to not be a pain. I had a microtech ultratech and it was very hard to deploy in both directions. So much that under distress I’m not sure I could confidently say I could get it out. This one definitely lighter but the button still needs to be slid all the way for the blade to deploy. I carry it confidently in the same pocket as my phone. 

2 hours ago, Lumber_Jack said:

It’s what I would describe as moderate. Enough to prevent accidental deployment but easy enough to not be a pain. I had a microtech ultratech and it was very hard to deploy in both directions. So much that under distress I’m not sure I could confidently say I could get it out. This one definitely lighter but the button still needs to be slid all the way for the blade to deploy. I carry it confidently in the same pocket as my phone. 

For some reason all I see is a sound play back.